17" wheels!

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
If it makes anyone feel better. Here they are set up on display sat some dealership in Prague. Video was taken yesterday

Attachments

• 687BA915-1673-44FD-9866-5310A7C7D43F.png
    687BA915-1673-44FD-9866-5310A7C7D43F.png
    8.3 MB · Views: 38

GQM

Still no wheels yet, however another owner from Czech recently posted that he received his. Hopefully ours are on the way now.

edgelett

yeah it's odd.
block in Czeck posted on FB that he's a dealer and he is the first to receive them 'for a test'
strikes me as strange given that everyone was told their wheels are shipped, and yet someone got them 'for a test'.
he also commented there's a problem with the 2020 bearing?? not sure what he means about that.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member

GQM

Don’t worry guys. They must have been focusing on the 2022 wheels this time. I’m sure after two years you might get yours

Believe it or not the wheels are finally stateside and Brett from Ten Racing shipped them out to us all yesterday. Fedex tracking shows delivery this Thursday for mine.

TenRacing

Does it come with the “abs wheel” on the rims?
depending on the model ordered, the non 'carbon' FTR comes with the mounting location for the stock rotors and tone rings.

The FTR carbon with the new special wheel bearing ABS deal those are different wheel applications and are MORE money but DO come with the special bearings.

Titax is saying that they are the only one to make 17" wheels for the new FTR with the bearing ABS thing.

Last edited:

TenRacing

I have received 4 sets, 2 in the USA have been sent out, I am trying my best to figure out an economical way to get 2 sets to Australia. shipping has more than tripled since this deal was initiated.

And through this entire shit show, I've gone from doing a service for FTR riders that wanted them, and working on starting to be a dealer for Titax, to half of the orders canceling, losing money on refund fees and now getting kicked in the nuts by shipping companies.

If any of you has ideas on how to get 2 sets of wheels to Australia at a reasonable cost. PLEASE let me know...

TenRacing

wow I'm impressed you got a refund - I know one person in Aus who asked for a refund and hasn't received it.
Not sure who that was, the two customers I had in Australia decided to stick it out, I am working on how to get the wheels to them now.

TenRacing

Lumir Actually dmed me on fb.

That sucks so bad for you especially during racing season. Sorry mate.
I tried to get him to refund the deposit i sent and would have just eaten the couple hundred bucks in Paypal refund fees, and went on my merry way. Now I've got 2 sets i need to get down under.

edgelett

Not sure who that was, the two customers I had in Australia decided to stick it out, I am working on how to get the wheels to them now.
it's one of the people you have been dealing with, he was contacting Titax directly and receiving no response.
He's been fully supportive of you and all your efforts, and feels quite bad for you cause of all you've gone through. Just not of Lumir or Titax as a company.

TenRacing

I just thought I'd post this here, now that the FTR wheels are actually being produced, through the pandemic and supply chain problems Titax and pretty much every other manufacturer is or will have pricing changes.

Here are the retail prices for Titax Wheels as of 5/1/22... so the few that stuck it out over this turd circus for last 18 months got a heck of a great price on these.
  • Indian FTR “CARBON” Version with 17” Retail Price: $3295 USD (this is the new version that uses the special ABS bearing (included with Titax wheels))
  • Indian FTR, standard ABS system Retail price: $2995 USD
  • BMW and HONDA CBR Retail price: $2895 USD
  • All other models Retail price: $2695 USD

Last edited:

TenRacing

I've corrected a mistake on the posts about the new wheel with the ABS bearing, the Titax Wheels WILL come with the special bearing/sensor for the FTR carbon models. which makes more sense considering the price difference. :)