2022 Carbon wheel speed sensor install

tsb996FTR

I am rebuilding a damaged Carbon (replaced damaged fork). Front wheel was off when I got the bike - looking for diagram of info on how the wheel speed sensor is installed (cant find any pics). Looks like it goes on left side, between the wheel and fork - no spacers (looks like the wheel bearing is segmented for the sensor to read - not sure). When I try to install - the sensor gets locked between wheel and fork (no way to let wheel rotate freely). Anyone have a diagram for 2022 (I think there was a separate sensor wheel in previous models) - or info? thx!!

tsb996FTR

There is no missing/wheel spacer. I was assuming the front Metzeler tire was mounted in the traditional direction pattern (like the rear). however, if mounting in traditional direction - the red bearing seal (with wheel speed indicator bands) is on the right side - which is wrong!. flipped the wheel and all goes together (WSS fits inside wheel against RED bearing seal) - and the tire is now in reverse direction. not sure if the Indian did this or previous owner (bought the bike w 5k miles)... live and learn...

MacBayne

Sounds fishy... I wouldn't run a street tire backward. Hopefully someone here can provide pics. I would, but my bike has been sitting at the dealer after being rear ended this fall.

Max Kool

There is no missing/wheel spacer. I was assuming the front Metzeler tire was mounted in the traditional direction pattern (like the rear). however, if mounting in traditional direction - the red bearing seal (with wheel speed indicator bands) is on the right side - which is wrong!. flipped the wheel and all goes together (WSS fits inside wheel against RED bearing seal) - and the tire is now in reverse direction. not sure if the Indian did this or previous owner (bought the bike w 5k miles)... live and learn...
Check the arrow on the side of the tire. Most front tires have a thread pattern that points in the "wrong" direction (because the heaviest load on it is during braking).