2022+ exhaust

Bellarella

Anyone know of any other companies that possibly have full exhaust systems in the works for the 22’+ model years, besides Toce?!
I like the look of the Toce but without hearing it in person I feel like it will be too loud to spend 2k on it. Im buying an oval link pipe from the guy in Germany and getting a silencer for now, and removing the stock Akros.
im hoping this will be all I need for sound and performance, but if it’s not, I’ll be researching other options

edgelett

the Tocd full system, with the DB killer installed, isn't too loud - its quieter than the Bassani and Race Fit. I have the Toce with DB killer and even on an all day 4+ hour ride it doesn't bother me. when my hubby had his Harley with Vance and Hines pipes, my FTR was a tad quieter.

some people have made the Akra headers fit but it's quite fiddly and involves a fair bit of modification

Bellarella

Ok good to know, sounds like it’s just crazy from the vids on YouTube. I have an S with the Akrapovik slip ons. I’m just having that oval link pipe welded on for now, and will run whatever silencer I decide on. Will probably order the Toce down the road, once I actually hear one in person.

Charliemurphay

The high mount S&S Grand National dual exhaust should be compatible with 2022’s as it is a full replacement from the exhaust outlets on.

Walrus

Have a Toce not too loud at all. Most Harleys with aftermarket exhausts are much louder.

arobert3

I also have a question about exhausts. I haven’t bought my FTR yet but I am more or less decided to sell my Speed Triple privately (I didn’t like the trade offer) and put it down on an FTR Sport. I do not intend to do track days on it so unless anyone can convince me otherwise the difference in price between the Sport and the Carbon is mostly Ohlins which apart from bragging rights I probably wouldn’t really appreciate on the road (not $1.6k worth anyway). One of the fist mods I will do is to make it sound like a motorcycle. The removal of the baffles from the Akrapovic looks simple enough or I may go for a Toce slip on. I really want to see how much I love the bike before springing for a full Toce system. If I get the Toce slip on or modify the Akras will I have to load a different map and what gains (if any) will I see in performance? - I am assuming that the sound will be what I am looking for either way?

edgelett

removing the baffles from the Akras doesn't require a new tune.
do that first before you buy an aftermarket exhaust. I have a Toce full system but my hubby has Akras with baffles removed and loves it.

I assume by a Toce slip on you mean the one that goes on after the cat?

Walrus

I also have a question about exhausts. I haven’t bought my FTR yet but I am more or less decided to sell my Speed Triple privately (I didn’t like the trade offer) and put it down on an FTR Sport. I do not intend to do track days on it so unless anyone can convince me otherwise the difference in price between the Sport and the Carbon is mostly Ohlins which apart from bragging rights I probably wouldn’t really appreciate on the road (not $1.6k worth anyway). One of the fist mods I will do is to make it sound like a motorcycle. The removal of the baffles from the Akrapovic looks simple enough or I may go for a Toce slip on. I really want to see how much I love the bike before springing for a full Toce system. If I get the Toce slip on or modify the Akras will I have to load a different map and what gains (if any) will I see in performance? - I am assuming that the sound will be what I am looking for either way?
I bought the base model. Used the savings to change the exhaust, add heated grips. Base suspension is perfectly fine. If you are going racing, you still have to upgrade the Ohlins $1500-3000 for true track performance.
That said, the upgraded FTRs have other stuff you may appreciate. I didn't want that either.
Generally, a tune is recommended with a Toce.

Mtnbkr

Anyone know of any other companies that possibly have full exhaust systems in the works for the 22’+ model years, besides Toce?!
I like the look of the Toce but without hearing it in person I feel like it will be too loud to spend 2k on it. Im buying an oval link pipe from the guy in Germany and getting a silencer for now, and removing the stock Akros.
im hoping this will be all I need for sound and performance, but if it’s not, I’ll be researching other options
Did you buy the oval link pipe from someone in Germany? If so, have you installed it and a new exhaust can? I was about to take my exhaust to a fabricator for this exact modification, if you’ve done it already your insight would be much appreciated.