2022 FTR Owner Report

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
He says he always has difficulty getting 22 FTRs to run properly when the customer insists on removing the Cat. He says everyone wants to upgrade the exhaust systems on their motorcycles. But - He claims the exhaust system and the intake components are designed to work together. He says having the correct back pressure is critical for the engine to make power and torque.
this is what confuses me with this tech, how is he removing the cat for customers? And if they are a lloydz tuning center how is HE having issues getting them to run properly.

because lloydz remote tuning centers aren’t set up for bench flashing yet, he can’t tune a 22.

it seems he was talking Just to talk, because what he was saying isn’t very factual.

Max Kool

How many 2022 FTR owners actually removed their cat (but kept the headers) in the first place. Btw, if he’s a Lloydz tuning center, Lloydz does the tuning, not him.

agreed, just talk.

edgelett

yeah you lost me at 'removing the cat on 22's'.
cause that's not possible unless he's cutting them off and fabricating a custom made new link pipe for each bike.
which would suck cause of the oval design

jmccaff2

Hello forum,
Can the 2022 FTR new owners give us an update on their bikes? Specifically has the ecu/surging/stalling issues been resolved?
Thanks.
New 2022 FTR owner here…
Still breaking in the bike, but a few quick observations:
1. Off idle response/clutch engagement is abrupt but manageable; but one needs to pay attention to it.

2. Surging, in low gears at very moderate 3000-4000 rpms is noticeable, but seems to be moderating every time I take it out.

3. On the open road in 4th, 5th, 6th gears the bike is beautiful and powerful. On the curves, it is a great handling bike, easy to flip side to side, and effortless to ride fast…Still breaking it in, though.

4. Shifter pedal assembly/coupling came apart on my last outing. Left me stuck in 5th gear miles from home, but amazingly easy to get home, even on secondary streets; ordered a new coupling rod which will take about a week to receive under warranty; but I have been able to repair the old coupling with a threaded rod and some JB Weld…Worked like a charm!

5. Love the bike, but hate the limited fuel range…The bike would be great for long trips/ sport touring as it is quite comfortable/smooth at speed; but hard to get past the limited fuel range…For now, lng trips will be left to my Ninja 1000SX.

Timps27

As someone who’s put several thousand over the road miles on my FTR I actually think the range is right. By the time I need to fill up my ass is pretty numb and I need a walk, so it hasn’t been a problem for me. Might annoy any riding buddies on long trips, but solo it has not been an inconvenience for me.

mtFTRnh

Ditto! My butt is in need of a break when the fuel runs low. I hope the Corbin seat I ordered is going to make for a more comfortable ride.

And to add to this topic again… I’m now up to 1200 miles on my 2022 base. The bike is running very well. I have no starting or stalling issues at all. The surging is very minor and only in the lower gears at 3000-3300 RPM.

kendgray

As someone who’s put several thousand over the road miles on my FTR I actually think the range is right. By the time I need to fill up my ass is pretty numb and I need a walk, so it hasn’t been a problem for me. Might annoy any riding buddies on long trips, but solo it has not been an inconvenience for me.
Agreed, just did a 1600 mile broad trip up to the Canadian boarder on mine. Never was upset about having to stop and take a bit of a break.

JDP

I was talking to a guy with a new FTR he said all the problems I use to have he has, I told him I had a Ryan Lloyd tune and I don’t have any issues but he argued with me about how Indian is responsible for this and that and he’s taking them to court bla bla bla bla, just get a tune

Breto

I was talking to a guy with a new FTR he said all the problems I use to have he has, I told him I had a Ryan Lloyd tune and I don’t have any issues but he argued with me about how Indian is responsible for this and that and he’s taking them to court bla bla bla bla, just get a tune
Yeah well good luck with that for your mate…can’t see it holding water mate…💦

S2Davies

Oh.....déjà vu :unsure: 😁

edgelett

Indian is responsible for this and that and he’s taking them to court bla bla bla bla,
yeah.... I wish him luck with that.

Tuners don't have to meet emission standards which is why they can get it to work.

pushit

...argued ..about how Indian is responsible for this and that and he’s taking them to court bla bla bla bla, just get a tune
I mean he's not wrong. But the cost of legal bs will be greater than just sucking up and paying for a tune.

Irving

I mean he's not wrong. But the cost of legal bs will be greater than just sucking up and paying for a tune.
....speaking of "tunes", it's time to take this discussion to the next phase. would any of the 2022 folks who've had Lloyd'z Garage V6 Flash carried out on there 2022's comment on the results and how the process went?

Before I pull that trigger I'd hope to have some insight from those who went down that path.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
It’s the same process and results as it is on the 2019s. I have the v6 on my 19. And will be sending out the 22s ecu this winter as well.

Irving

thank you - I appreciate your opinion. I'm also looking forward to hearing from someone who has a 2022 and has already upgraded to V6 Flash. I'd enjoy hearing their opinions too.