2022 FTRS For Sale

Tomahawk

I'm selling my FTRS that I just bought in March, 2022. I just put the break-in miles on and it currently has only 500 miles. I love the bike but my wife hates riding on the back. Perfect condition. I have a PV3 tune from Fuel Moto and it runs great! Asking $13,900 firm. Email me at [email protected].

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220714-112504_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220714-112504_Gallery.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20220714-112533_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220714-112533_Gallery.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20220714-112539_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220714-112539_Gallery.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 25

Notaharley

Sorry about that.
Been there.

Wife now has her own bike (Indian Scout) and I can ride whatever.

IF you cannot sell right away, I think you may find a backrest for her would change her world back there.
Nothing off the shelf, but it has been done.
A top case is an option for that, but I have seen a detachable backrest working off the luggage rack.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Your local dealer would most likely give you around that in buy back. As most are hurting for inventory on their floor.

Notaharley

Your local dealer would most likely give you around that in buy back. As most are hurting for inventory on their floor.
Maybe.
I got $2000 MORE than I paid for my Scout 2 years and 20k ago.

The FTR had been sitting on the floor for more than a year and I picked it up for cheap.

This area is a bad one for FTRs. No one wants them. Worked out for me.

Definitely worth a shot --- at least get a decent trade on something that fits the lifestyle better.

Zilonis

I'm selling my FTRS that I just bought in March, 2022. I just put the break-in miles on and it currently has only 500 miles. I love the bike but my wife hates riding on the back. Perfect condition. I have a PV3 tune from Fuel Moto and it runs great! Asking $13,900 firm. Email me at [email protected].

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: this bike is not meant for a passenger. If my lady said to choose her or the bike I'd be downloading Tinder immediately.

GL with the sale. Hope the next bike comes with your balls back lmao

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Could also tell your wife to learn to ride her own. I told mine I wouldn’t get a bike more comfortable for her to ride on the back of. So she went out and bought one and learned how to ride. Now she has her own 22 ftr.

edgelett

Could also tell your wife to learn to ride her own. I told mine I wouldn’t get a bike more comfortable for her to ride on the back of. So she went out and bought one and learned how to ride. Now she has her own 22 ftr.
yup, my husband and I got our permits back in 2003 and 2005, only reason for the gap between was that at that time, we could only afford to buy 1 motorcycle initially.
then when he graduated from his L's to his full licence, we sold his ZZR250 and grabbed my CB250 (and he moved on to the CB1300).
being able to ride together or seperately depending on what else is on is great.

Charliemurphay

I’m barking up this tree with mine. She’s looking hard at the Duke 390. It fits her perfectly. She never even tried to sit on the back of the FTR “are you kidding? There’s no way I’ll stay on that ‘seat’!” 😂

wallycycle

When I was looking for a "roommate" the second time around (successfully) I had a few deal-breaker criteria. #1 priority was she had to be an experienced rider, own her own bike AND know how to do basic bike maintenance. Decorum prevents me from mentioning priority #2. ;)

mark.lb

You are all very lucky to have wives and husbands who enjoy motorcycles. (Riding two up or riding their own.) My wife has no interest in ever getting on a bike or learning to ride. It makes me sad that one of the things in life I greatly enjoy and we could be doing together in retirement - she will not even try. It makes it tough to take a four hour ride knowing she is home by herself. If your spouse enjoys motorcycles you are blessed. Buy them their own bike or get a bike big enough to ride comfortably together. Life is short. Enjoy your motorcycle years together.

wallycycle

You are all very lucky to have wives and husbands who enjoy motorcycles. (Riding two up or riding their own.) My wife has no interest in ever getting on a bike or learning to ride. It makes me sad that one of the things in life I greatly enjoy and we could be doing together in retirement - she will not even try. It makes it tough to take a four hour ride knowing she is home by herself. If your spouse enjoys motorcycles you are blessed. Buy them their own bike or get a bike big enough to ride comfortably together. Life is short. Enjoy your motorcycle years together.
My wife's an avid rider but not as enthusiastic or energetic about it as I am. When I retired in 2013, I told her I've got hopefully 10 good years of being physically and mentally able to ride, and by God, I intend to do so. Things like being the "shitty-little-jobs-officer" around the house will / has been way down the priority list. I would say that at least half my rides/road trips are solo. I'm pretty sure my wife likes having the "freedom" of me not being around (but definitely won't admit it).

You hit the nail on the head though with the "life is short" statement. Cheap and easy words when you're in your 50's or younger. But when in one's 70s, they take on a whole new flavor. Especially when your buddies are dropping like flies. Enough of the geezer shit. Enjoy that beautiful FTR while you can.

Breto

My beautiful wife of almost 32 years rode on the back with me for most of our early years together. She loved my K75c Beemer and would fall asleep on the back on long rides. We did everything including shopping. Packing the panniers with food and booze. Now days all my bikes are single seaters. Cheaper on insurance and both of them are not for passengers. She has her own Bobber Scout and loves it. Doesnt ride it as much as I would like her to but when she does she loves it. Always great to have her out for a ride. I actually get to see much more of the countryside when I ride with her. 😂👍