• 20210120_154826.jpg
    20210120_154826.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 26
  • 20210120_154832.jpg
    20210120_154832.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Staedtler

Looks good, not very bulky. Does it require much maintenance? (subscription, annual service etc?) I like the idea of them, but out of my price range for the moment.

Helge

Basic is 2 years warranty...no service during
If you make a service for 99 Euro after these 2 years the warranty will extend for another 2 years...max. 10 years total possible 👍

Charliemurphay

I have a Helite leather airbag jacket. I bought it and rode it all last year. It is surprisingly comfortable but heavy. Has a removable liner for cooler weather but is surprisingly breathable in the summer. The vest is built into the jacket and has good torso coverage as well as over your shoulders and around the waist and up and down your back, in addition to a back protector. It’s activated with a tether to the frame of your bike that the jacket clips to when you get on. Requires 60lbs of force to activate and after 6 activations they want you to send the jacket in for an inspection but to reset it you simply need to buy another co2 canister ($25 from them). I’ve been really satisfied with it and thankfully haven’t had to use the airbag feature.

Helge

I have tested my Alpinestars Airtech5 last Sunday at the first ride with my new Flat Track bike :(
I slipped away on the left side in a roundabout at low speed:confused: at 10°C and cold wind...cold tyres...slippery road too.
The airbag released before I´ve had road contact and saved probably my shoulder and clavicle.
So a clear YES wearing a airbag vest(y)

Last edited:

edgelett

ouch - so sorry to hear you came off your bike.
but that's great to hear how well the airbag worked! even at low speed you're right you could have broken a shoulder.

how damaged is the bike?

Helge

Thanks Tash.....handlebar, both left indicators, mirror, clutch lever and radiator cover has to be changed....nothing too bad.

20220213_140217[1].jpg

Murdock

Sorry to hear that Helge. Hopefully nothing else but your pride is hurt. Let me know if you need any help, neighbor.