Annitori Quick Shifter

C-KicksXL

I have been working with Annitori on a quick shifter for the FTR. They will soon have a production harness available. This is an up and down quick shifter but it is Not an auto blipper. It connects in between the spark plugs. The brain is a Bluetooth and i tucked it in under the bracket where the fuel pump is located.
Installation is a bit of a pain but it would be the same for any quick shifter on this bike. You have to remove the air box and fuel tank to get to the spark plug connectors. I wired mine in temporarily to the battery tender connector but I am going to hook into a switched power source.
I have done about 50 miles with this and it has been a blast. I attached a screen shot of my settings I am currently running with it. Annitori has been great to work with.
I am thrilled to have this on my ftr it makes the bike so much more enjoyable.

I just copied and pasted this from my facebook post.
Chad

Attachments

• linkage.jpg
    linkage.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 100
  • topview.jpg
    topview.jpg
    350.2 KB · Views: 95
  • app.jpg
    app.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 95

Micasa1639

If you could educate me... What's the difference between a quick shifter and an auto blipper? What does Bluetooth have to do with this mechanism? Sorry for the ignorance I'm just looking to have better understanding... I like the idea of something like this on my bike.

FTR London

and an auto blipper?
On the downshift, presumably you are manually matching the revs to smooth the transition into a lower gear? The addition of auto blip allows the ECU will automatically blip the throttle at the when changing down, ensuring the lower gear is selected smoothly and seamlessly

Mckid4

I have been working with Annitori on a quick shifter for the FTR. They will soon have a production harness available. This is an up and down quick shifter but it is Not an auto blipper. It connects in between the spark plugs. The brain is a Bluetooth and i tucked it in under the bracket where the fuel pump is located.
Installation is a bit of a pain but it would be the same for any quick shifter on this bike. You have to remove the air box and fuel tank to get to the spark plug connectors. I wired mine in temporarily to the battery tender connector but I am going to hook into a switched power source.
I have done about 50 miles with this and it has been a blast. I attached a screen shot of my settings I am currently running with it. Annitori has been great to work with.

Chad
Hi Chad. Would you mind providing an update on the quick shifter? I am thinking of picking one up over the winter and am curious how yours has been working out. Any issues, pros and cons? Thanks in advance!

C-KicksXL

Hi Chad. Would you mind providing an update on the quick shifter? I am thinking of picking one up over the winter and am curious how yours has been working out. Any issues, pros and cons? Thanks in advance!
I didnt get to put on as many miles on it as i would have liked to this year because of a broken collar bone. I put around 600 miles on my ftr this year and i had zero issues with the Annitori Qucik shifter. Th only con is the work it takes to access the spark plugs connectors. Its all pros.

Mckid4

I didnt get to put on as many miles on it as i would have liked to this year because of a broken collar bone. I put around 600 miles on my ftr this year and i had zero issues with the Annitori Qucik shifter. Th only con is the work it takes to access the spark plugs connectors. Its all pros.
Sorry to hear about the broken collar bone, hopefully you’re all healed up. Thanks for the reply. I have heard it’s quite a bit to gain access to the spark plugs and should have plenty of time over the winter to install.

nailbeater

Chad
Hey brother. I'm about to install the anntori. Do you have any tips. Did you figure out where to connect the power for it to be switched with the Ignition?

DJ121

On the downshift, presumably you are manually matching the revs to smooth the transition into a lower gear? The addition of auto blip allows the ECU will automatically blip the throttle at the when changing down, ensuring the lower gear is selected smoothly and seamlessly
I had a quick shifter on the SDR 1290, but I think this time I'll go with the auto-blip which I think is pricey at about $800

nailbeater

Chad
I just installed mine. This is David Killian from FTR 1200 owner's group. I haven't tried it yet. I mounted mine in the same position as yours. I'm going to use the grip warmer Plug for my positive And the frame ground for my negative. Do you believe that should be fine or should I go to the negative terminal on my battery?

nailbeater

Hey brother. I'm about to install the anntori. Do you have any tips. Did you figure out where to connect the power for it to be switched with the Ignition?
Yes, Use the power for heated grips behind the headlight. And then choose your ground. I haven't done power yet. But that is where I am going to connect with it. I believe that the pictures will help. I didn't take the gas tank completely off. And it helps if you are almost empty.

Attachments

• 20221118_140705.jpg
    12.1 MB · Views: 15
  • 20221118_140652.jpg
    9.8 MB · Views: 12
  • 20221118_141833.jpg
    14 MB · Views: 11
  • 20221118_142457.jpg
    10.1 MB · Views: 10
  • 20221118_160333.jpg
    8.7 MB · Views: 15
  • 20221118_160508.jpg