Antigravity battery for the ftr.

Max Kool

@AntigravityBatteries please keep in mind some people were already salty about AG before you joined this forum, because of the -lack of- service. And actually, you can't blame them. You CAN fix it though. ;)

Last edited:

That.Thomas.Guy

I came on here and saw this Mike's Post in December. I simply wanted to find a way to see what was going on with the MIkes claims, and test my personal FTR with the battery and see if these statements were holding true so I could learn more, and improve the battery if needed. I was trying to be professional, learn more and assist as the owner of the company.

Oddly I have posted my email here, stating reach out to me if any problems, yet you nor the other friend contacted me, you just openly post here first rather than reaching out to me. So I have been a part of enough forums to know this is sort of a forum "pile-on" rather than a reasonable discusion. If you write to me I can access any past history and find who might be accountable and get a solution and resolution. IF you posting to rant than I certainly don't need to be here.

By the way are you guys the FTR Mafia? "Yo! "I have quite da reach", you gonna pay buddy ole pal" (y)
You reached out, asked for actual people not just "someone I know". Actually people reply and tell you how they were failed by your company, and give you the opportunity to make it right. An opportunity for the social media leaders of a targeted market, that can tell the world how well the situation was corrected, and thus be able to justify recommending your company again.

...but this was your reply. Okay then.

acrws

Oddly I have posted my email here, stating reach out to me if any problems, yet you nor the other friend contacted me, you just openly post here first rather than reaching out to me.
TBH I was following the warranty route first before reaching out direct, for several reasons;
1) It’s what your website says to do for help.
2) I’ve been on the other side of situations like this, and know the value of establishing a case log, ticket number, etc. for tracking (as you’ve also referenced previously).
3) You are coming off a bit fired up in your posts, and I didn’t want to make contact before I had taken all steps on my end.

However, it’s been 3 business days so far without even an acknowledgment of receipt on the warranty paperwork, so I’m at a crossroads between composing an email that lays out all the info again (plus what I’ve deduced since last week) without any sort of confirmation that your warranty folks have looked at my claim….or….dusting my hands off and just going a different route to save the frustration.

It seems like you super believe in your product. That’s great for you, however. Please understand that you’re talking to a group of people who already feel let down by it, and we’re not (or I’m not) particularly trying to gang up on you, but it’s not a nice feeling to pay a lot of money, jump through hoops on the warranty, and then be antagonized about our opinions.

I’ll be looking forward to hearing back about the warranty claim so I can give you a case number or something to cross-reference.

You reached out, asked for actual people not just "someone I know". Actually people reply and tell you how they were failed by your company, and give you the opportunity to make it right. An opportunity for the social media leaders of a targeted market, that can tell the world how well the situation was corrected, and thus be able to justify recommending your company again.

...but this was your reply. Okay then.

Hey Thomas....

IF you consider yourself a social media "leader" then you had better "check yourself", because I have NEVER heard any Admin of a forum, or Admin or Social Media Manager of any type act as unprofessional as you did in your post. Your statement said "I"m deterring your sales every chance I can get...... and as Mike's Co-administrator on the FTR FB page, I have quite the reach." That is over the line from my perspetive from any person representing any organization.

So, in essence what you are saying is that you are presently attempting to bad mouth and disparage our company every chance you get, and on top of that you are threatening our Company by saying you have "quite the large reach..." which is basically saying you are going to use your Facebook FTR Group to badmouth Antigravity, which is WAY OUT OF LINE and vindictive. You do NOT represent the entire Group I'm sure. Is that is how you attempt to use your "Power" as a Co-Admin on your Facebook FTR Group, to bash companies you might have had a problem with personally?

We actually work and deal with several Automotive and Motorcycle Clubs and Groups.... thier Managers often work with us to get deals for the entire Group knowing the benefits go both ways. I am on here beause I have never heard of a certain Motorcycle, like and FRT having the problem claimed here, so I was looking for data, information. So I'm trying to look into it. I need rational dialog and facts not threats Thomas.

Its about resolution, so call my Operations Manager, Arlene, tomorrow.... Office Phones are 310 527 2330 from 8am to 3pm Pacific time and express your problems, and we will get you a resolution. Please be civil in any interaction with my staff, because I'm not to happy about your statememts/threats and I don't want you bullying them.

edgelett

when you simply post you "know of someone who had a failure" it is not really painting the picture completely or accurately.
I don't own one of your batteries so I have no dog in this fight. but I believe the reason you are getting the types of responses you are in this thread is due to this comment which may come across as suggesting people are being dishonest about their failures, or about having friends or associates who have had failures, or even inventing people who have had failures.

those people tried to resolve the issue via warranty claim with your company without success, and so when you said the above they felt inclined to post in response.

I get you want to protect your reputation, and I get that you feel attacked and feel the need to defend yourself and your company. but so do those who have had failures and tried to resolve it the normal way I.e via warranty claim, particularly when you imply they either are being dishonest or don't even exist.

my OEM battery is fine so I'm not likely to buy another battery in the near future.
but when the time comes, how you address customers who are frustrated (even if they are aggressive to you) will play a part in my decision.

Last edited:
TBH I was following the warranty route first before reaching out direct, for several reasons;
1) It’s what your website says to do for help.
2) I’ve been on the other side of situations like this, and know the value of establishing a case log, ticket number, etc. for tracking (as you’ve also referenced previously).
3) You are coming off a bit fired up in your posts, and I didn’t want to make contact before I had taken all steps on my end.

However, it’s been 3 business days so far without even an acknowledgment of receipt on the warranty paperwork, so I’m at a crossroads between composing an email that lays out all the info again (plus what I’ve deduced since last week) without any sort of confirmation that your warranty folks have looked at my claim….or….dusting my hands off and just going a different route to save the frustration.

It seems like you super believe in your product. That’s great for you, however. Please understand that you’re talking to a group of people who already feel let down by it, and we’re not (or I’m not) particularly trying to gang up on you, but it’s not a nice feeling to pay a lot of money, jump through hoops on the warranty, and then be antagonized about our opinions.

I’ll be looking forward to hearing back about the warranty claim so I can give you a case number or something to cross-reference.

Hi,
I was not fired up before I saw the post from Thomas... the yes I became frustrated after his claiming he is an Admin on the FTR Group on FB and saying in essence he will try to harm us using his position and reach and was actively doing this. To me that was just so unprofessional as I state to him in another post.

The problem in reality is that we do not see enough FTR issues, so I don't have active warranty data to pull from. It is a very small group of Motorcycles. In fact I tried to look them up and don't see enough to track anything. We barely have Indian failures which I also looked up the Warranty data on. But honestly its not nearly the amount of batteries compared to what we sell into the KTM and Metric Markets. We also don't have ONE Motorcycle group that our Battery fails in specifically. So I'm scratching my head and asking "why" this highfailure rate in one bike. Is it just this bike, or is it ever real to the FTR or perhaps a batch issue. But I certainly don't know, nor does MIke or anyone... it could be maintenance or the battery. But lets figure it out. So yeah, I'm getting a bit snippy because I'm saying, let me test it, contact me.... but no one is, then I get the a guy in a FB Group threatening us... which is just getting silly. But I want to see our stuff work in everything as it actually does. So I need to see what the facts are.

Anyway write scott@ and [email protected] or call ask for Arlene 310 948 1265. So we can find your warranty... I want this fast tracked so I can test your specific battery, and open it and see what might be going on... I can also test it on my FTR and see how this one is working compared to one that I have just put in mine. Again, Data is the truth and facts to get us answers and this is the only way to actually get a battery I know is from an FTR that failed and that I can work with in real-time not from many months or a year back where I don't have the actual battery.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Back on track. I sent a non forum member your email, and told him to list all the details of his battery and failure, so you can get more data.

edgelett

Hey y’all, update time. I just got off the phone w/Arlene and have a path forward on the warranty process for my battery. She’s a peach! I definitely recommend following up with a phone call or the [email protected] email like Mr. @AntigravityBatteries asked. I feel like they’ve got my issue notes down now and are working on it 💪🏼
pleased you're making some progress, keep us in the loop on how it gets resolved.

MilwDave

I came on here and saw this Mike's Post in December. I simply wanted to find a way to see what was going on with the MIkes claims, and test my personal FTR with the battery and see if these statements were holding true so I could learn more, and improve the battery if needed. I was trying to be professional, learn more and assist as the owner of the company.

Oddly I have posted my email here, stating reach out to me if any problems, yet you nor the other friend contacted me, you just openly post here first rather than reaching out to me. So I have been a part of enough forums to know this is sort of a forum "pile-on" rather than a reasonable discusion. If you write to me I can access any past history and find who might be accountable and get a solution and resolution. IF you posting to rant than I certainly don't need to be here.

By the way are you guys the FTR Mafia? "Yo! "I have quite da reach", you gonna pay buddy ole pal" (y)
Agreed, when you have a problem with a product from a company in this country I think you owe them the opportunity to make things right.
Now if you are buying Chinese knockoffs, go at it.

acrws

I come to you all with a glorious sound:

That’s the sharp kick of a new Antigravity battery!!! I will be packing my dead one up and posting it back to them for analysis. Really strongly urge those of you having problems to fill out the warranty paperwork, and if you don’t hear anything from that, ✨call Arlene✨, she helped take down my info (as apparently the warranty email never showed up on their side?) and get things squared away.

R. Warshawsky

Personally, when an item of mine fails under warranty, I expect the following response: we're sorry it happened, and how can the situation be remedied. As the old adage states, you have one opportunity to make a good first impression...

American

I have no interest in either party on this issue.

When the owner of any company large or small comes in and sees there is a problem with his equipment and gets involved that to me says a lot.
It’s easier to not engage and move on then to take the time to investigate. Highly doubt the amount of Indian sales is more than a blip on the company’s radar.

I’d be more likely to buy one because he is here when he really doesn’t have to be.

house fires, replace every 6 months to avoid. nobody uses li ion until it breaks. supposed to replace on schedule when used in home settings.

Hospitals replace very high quality BMS managed lithium ion cells every 6 months in their equipment for a reason, it’s life or death.

I sell lithium cells for a living, trust me don’t put one in a motorcycle it’s pointless. Taking your mirrors off does more for performance lol

Last edited: