Any recommendations for a slip-on muffler?

AaronA

I'm looking for an aftermarket 2 into 1 slip-on muffler. I don't need any more power, any more noise and don't suffer from chrome's disease. I have outfitted my bike as a pseudo-ADV I would like to open up some space to carry a righthand saddlebag I have a set of Firstgear teardrop bags that will work with the stock 2 into 2 just barely. Toce and Bassani mufflers would work but are a little loud So far S&S seems the best option. Does anyone know of anything new or similar to the 1200GS, KTM, Tenere style?

Attachments

• 20220610_132941.jpg
    20220610_132941.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 8

edgelett

If you're just after a slip on, how about getting the Toce slip on rather than full system and keeping the cat? it's nowhere near as loud as the Toce full system.

AaronA

Thanks Much,

I talked to a Toce technical rep, but he did not have specifics on the dB output. Toce does offer their "Decibel Killer" for the Visor Tip slip-on can. The Visor Tip also opens up a little more real estate than the S&S. S&S have their "dB Reducer" that meets SAE J2825 noise standards. Both company's products are competitively priced.

My first Indian is a 2015 Scout that the first owner put an aftermarket exhaust on. Every time I fire it up early on a Sunday morning, I cause the old couple across the street to wet the bed. A reason I am trying to avoid a loud exhaust and I do appreciate the exhaust note of the stock FTR.

Notaharley

I'm looking for an aftermarket 2 into 1 slip-on muffler. I don't need any more power, any more noise and don't suffer from chrome's disease. I have outfitted my bike as a pseudo-ADV I would like to open up some space to carry a righthand saddlebag I have a set of Firstgear teardrop bags that will work with the stock 2 into 2 just barely. Toce and Bassani mufflers would work but are a little loud So far S&S seems the best option. Does anyone know of anything new or similar to the 1200GS, KTM, Tenere style?
I'm doing the same thing.
Went to SW Motech Urban bag --- and I want to mount a bag in the right.

I may just make my own slip on.

The Toce seems to give the most room.

Look forward to seeing how your bike works out.

edgelett

Thanks Much,

I talked to a Toce technical rep, but he did not have specifics on the dB output. Toce does offer their "Decibel Killer" for the Visor Tip slip-on can. The Visor Tip also opens up a little more real estate than the S&S. S&S have their "dB Reducer" that meets SAE J2825 noise standards. Both company's products are competitively priced.

My first Indian is a 2015 Scout that the first owner put an aftermarket exhaust on. Every time I fire it up early on a Sunday morning, I cause the old couple across the street to wet the bed. A reason I am trying to avoid a loud exhaust and I do appreciate the exhaust note of the stock FTR.
I have the Toce full system and with the DB killer it's not overly loud at all. the slip on with rhe dB killer and cat retained will be even quieter still. would be a good option and you can always take the db killer out.

R. Warshawsky