Bike (Dash) Cameras.

C137

Anyone running any 'dash' cameras on their bikes?

Started to install Innovv K5 that I had on a previous bike and wondering if under the tank covers, there is going to be enough room to hide some of the excess electrical wiring.

Attachments

• Front1.jpg
    Front1.jpg
    610.4 KB · Views: 29
  • Side1.jpg
    Side1.jpg
    677.3 KB · Views: 31

kiwi dave

Yeah, there's a bit of room. I managed to hide some excess wiring for my Koso Apollo heated grips under these covers.

You do know that the "tank covers" aren't covering any fuel tank? The fuel is kept under the seat. My apologies if you already knew that.

Last edited:

Timps27

I use my GoPro on my helmet as a dash cam, but I don’t always wear it and battery life isn’t great. I haven’t looked into dashcams specifically, I’d be interested to hear any background you have (e.g. how long do they last, any drawbacks, etc.). They are worth their weight in gold if you need them; but if it’s something that I have to remember to charge, turn on/off, put on my helmet etc. I’m bound to become lazy from time to time and not have it on me, or just not have it recording when I need it most.

edgelett

I have a Sony Action Cam - it's not bad, particularly as I paid only $180 for it.
I clamp it to my handlebars.

C137

I use my GoPro on my helmet as a dash cam, but I don’t always wear it and battery life isn’t great. I haven’t looked into dashcams specifically, I’d be interested to hear any background you have (e.g. how long do they last, any drawbacks, etc.). They are worth their weight in gold if you need them; but if it’s something that I have to remember to charge, turn on/off, put on my helmet etc. I’m bound to become lazy from time to time and not have it on me, or just not have it recording when I need it most.
The Innovv k5 I was using on my last bike was wired in and started recording with ignition turning on to the micro SD card, would also connect to your phone via the camera wifi and could download any recorded files to your phone for later use. Does 4k recording front and 1080p rear.
Currently trying to transfer it to the FTR, however since this bike costs substantially more than last ride going to have auto electrician wire in the ACC switch.
I spent most of today working on it and eventually found that I could hide a lot of the excess wiring behind the headlight surround.

Attachments

• headlight1.jpg
    headlight1.jpg
    399.1 KB · Views: 8

FTR London

Going to start using a camera as routine to protect myself. The roads over here are becoming ever more hazardous - particularly in London where you would be mad to ride without one. Did stick a Go-Pro on an R1 a few years ago, but it rattled excessively in the case. Incidentally, my name isn't Harry Jones, it's a crap in joke.

Staedtler

I run a Drift Ghost XL camera attached to my helmet, can run in loop mode so you never run out of space, but then I have 3 bikes so it makes the most sense to have a transportable one for me. Battery life is decent at around 9hrs too.