Blinker Install Help

Geitou

Hey folks,

I'm trying to install some Motoism lighting on my 22 base model. I of course decided to make my life hard and opted for the versions of their indications that include running lights, meaning the plug-and-play install has become less so. In order for the running lights to function a Kellerman i.SED v12 has to be wired in between the actual blinker unit and the resistor/plug combo, or at least that seems to be the case to me. However when set up this way (blinker wired into i.SED, i.SED wired into resistor/plug) and plugged into the bike I get nothing.

I've started on the front indicators. I know the issue isn't with the blinkers themselves or the resistor/plugs, because when I connect them together without the i.SED unit they light and blink while on the bike just fine, though no running light obviously. This seems like it's probably a simple issue that I am overlooking, but I've quadrupled checked all my crimp connections as best I can and everything keeps coming back to the i.SED being the issue. I know a few forums members have opted for the Motoism indicators, but has anyone had to wire in these more involved models? Should I be crimping on some bullet connectors instead?

Max Kool

I have the Motoism indicators front and rear, but got the version without running lights.. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Geitou

Ok folks, I'm back having self-rescued and figured out how to wire these in, as well as any other lighting you may be considering. All four units light and blink as they should. I'm only suspicious about the longevity and durability of my crimp connectors.

Tomorrow I will document the process to install these and take pictures. Cutting into the wiring harnesses for my brake and headlight was certainly a scary prospect, but once I understood what to do it wasn't very difficult.

D

Deleted member 706

Am I going to be the first person to mention that you need the correct fluid. 💧

MacBayne

I'm only suspicious about the longevity and durability of my crimp connectors.

It may be worth your while to practice some soldering somewhere else and then returning to eliminate those connectors at a later date. Twenty bucks on Amazon for a kit, practice some solder on scrap wires from the garage, and a quick orientation with heat shrink could allay those fears...