Carbon seat

edgelett

got this for free (yay) as I got a voucher from my old job when I left in March.
pretty happy with how it looks, feels comfy and maybe a tiny bit narrower which helps us short people a bit.
easy to fit too.

Attachments

• 20210718_090610.jpg
    20210718_090610.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 65
  • 20210718_090633.jpg
    20210718_090633.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 67
  • 20210718_090622.jpg
    20210718_090622.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 66

Breto

got this for free (yay) as I got a voucher from my old job when I left in March.
pretty happy with how it looks, feels comfy and maybe a tiny bit narrower which helps us short people a bit.
easy to fit too.
Now that’s nice. Really suits your bike Tash…wouldn’t mind one me self actually…what sort of sheckles did they want for that if it’s not a rude question?…🤔👍😎

edgelett

yup $350 but I paid nothing thanks to the voucher I had from my old job.
cheers, happy with how it looks!

Helge

Tash

I´m thinking about to order.

When you compare to the previous serial seat....same height?...more comfort?

Thanks
Helge

S2Davies

That looks great and the accents really suit the bike. How does it compare to the stock one for comfort?

Cheers
Stu

edgelett

height is pretty much the same, I haven't ridden anywhere yet due to lots of rain so can't really comment on comfort but will post here once I've had a good ride on it to let you know!

S2Davies

height is pretty much the same, I haven't ridden anywhere yet due to lots of rain so can't really comment on comfort but will post here once I've had a good ride on it to let you know!
Thanks so much, I'm hoping that your going to say its a vast improvement, because with the stock seat my limit is about 1 1/2 hours before the "derriere" says enough is enough 😟

Reactions: K9F

edgelett

Thanks so much, I'm hoping that your going to say its a vast improvement, because with the stock seat my limit is about 1 1/2 hours before the "derriere" says enough is enough 😟
I only put it on yesterday and the weather was shite. I don't have a free weekend for 2 weeks, but once I am able to get out for a few hundred KMs ride I'll post a proper review.

edgelett

well I was hoping to get out for a ride today cause the forecast was for good weather. woke up and the weather is shit lol.
Raining pretty hard and a lot of water on the roads. Will give it a skip and wait till the weather is better.

Meanwhile Tony took the FTR to work yesterday and he had a very different opinion to the seat to me.
he recons it's LESS comfy than the stock seat. but it's worth mentioning he believes the stock seat is 'the most comfortable seat I've ever sat on'.
personally, I think that;s cause his Harley Roadster seat is god awful and he can't remember what the seat on his old CB1300 was like lol

He also thinks it's HARDER for him to reach the ground?
that bit seems weird to me cause I ride the FTR regularly and it definitely felt either a little easier or the same to me.
he said 'yeah but I sit right up by the tank' and I said 'yeah...so do I otherwise I can barely reach at all.'

So who knows!
Hopefully the weather clears up and I can get out properly in the twisties and really bed give this seat a proper review.

FTRRCv2

I like mine. It’s one of the few seats I’ve ever sat on that doesn’t make my guy parts go numb after a few hours. My only complaint is that it is so grippy, it grabs my pant legs when I go to put my feet down, then bunches them slightly when I get going again. I’ve adapted by just putting one leg down most of the time.

edgelett

It’s the exact same seat as stock, with a fancy cover.
yeah I get that - it did feel a tiny bit narrower but that could have been wishful thinking.
as for comfort, I think the texture and the 'no trampoline' at the back of the seat help with that.

K9F

Together with the pandemic and as a result not being able to get to Herbert and Ellison in Andover to get my OEM seat reworked and the fact the OEM seat was for me such an enjoyment killer after 180-200 miles I had no other option available to me but to get bent over and pay for a Corbin. Best money I spent on the FTR next to the Airhawk I bought to make the OEM seat bearable over longer haul trips.

Motorbike Seat Upholstery - Herbert & Ellison Upholstery (Stockbridge, Hampshire) (herbertellisonupholstery.co.uk)

IMG_1596.jpg

S2Davies

Together with the pandemic and as a result not being able to get to Herbert and Ellison in Andover to get my OEM seat reworked and the fact the OEM seat was for me such an enjoyment killer after 180-200 miles I had no other option available to me but to get bent over and pay for a Corbin. Best money I spent on the FTR next to the Airhawk I bought to make the OEM seat bearable over longer haul trips.

Motorbike Seat Upholstery - Herbert & Ellison Upholstery (Stockbridge, Hampshire) (herbertellisonupholstery.co.uk)

View attachment 4135
Must admit, having now seen K9F's Corbin in the flesh, it is a seriously nice seat!

Reactions: K9F

K9F

Stu my OEM seat is up for grabs if you fancy a little 'fettle?' My original plan was for Herbert and Ellison to simply replicate the Corbin seat with the foam density, materials and gel inserts (if you wish) of my choice. There are no gel inserts used in the construction of a standard Corbin. Nevertheless as explained due to the pandemic I couldn't get to them at the time and I didn't want to lose riding time in the Summer waiting for my seat to be done so I bought the Corbin. Using different grains of real leather (like the seat they made for my other bike) it would have cost significantly less than 50% of the price of a Corbin.

IMG_1580.jpg

Last edited:

edgelett

so today I was out all day on the FTR - 280kms.

it was my longest trip on the seat, comfort wise its similar to the stock one and the last 20kms I kept thinking how much I wanted to get off the bike lol.

but - the big difference is the 'trampoline bit' as I call it isn't there anymore, so when I want to relax and sit further back in the seat its a lot easier and is a more comfy position. then I can move closer to the tank and turn hard when I want to too.

it's a little 'grippier' which I noticed with my Draggin jeans but for my riding style it's really good.

Breto

so today I was out all day on the FTR - 280kms.

it was my longest trip on the seat, comfort wise its similar to the stock one and the last 20kms I kept thinking how much I wanted to get off the bike lol.

but - the big difference is the 'trampoline bit' as I call it isn't there anymore, so when I want to relax and sit further back in the seat its a lot easier and is a more comfy position. then I can move closer to the tank and turn hard when I want to too.

it's a little 'grippier' which I noticed with my Draggin jeans but for my riding style it's really good.
So worth while then Tash?…🤔😎