Comfort Mods

M9Carbon22

The Consensus from forums seems to be Raximo Levers and Gilles Rear Sets

Couple Questions
- Any competition to the almighty throne of these 2?
- Does the 2019-20 Rear Sets Fit the 2022
- Has anyone done the swap and noticed any major ergonomic benefit?
-Handlebars? Anything around worth considering that's an easy swap for a moron.

Fuse5

Would mind that there is no competion about ..this items are only posted..
I´m happy with this levers (we need proved ones over here). Raximo got more options on colours anywhere.
For the gilles one´s .. contact them by e-mail, they would know.
Handlebars? .. it´s like a oil thing .. depend on what you like and how the comfort should be for
(was looking for the right fit at Magura and Nexen and still got a Probar with adjustable riser).

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Gilles Rearsets will put you at a more aggressive riding position even at their lowest setting.

and indian sells higher bars called “rally” bars.

the Raximo levers seem to be the best bang for your buck.

Webby

I'm a Rizoma fan and while they are a little pricier than some other brands they are some of the best made parts goin.
My Rizoma Bits
Levers and the Indian Rally Bars in some of the pics. I'm tall and the bars help me sit up a little more. I dont care for the Rizoma pegs but may look at those down the road.
Rizoma stuff for the FTR
I really like their "how to" videos and I try to operate in my shop just like that, dressed to the 9's and in slow motion. 😎

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 706

Seating position is a bit of an issue for me. I'm seeing a physiotherapist at the moment so I can enjoy the Trident as well as the FTR. Last time I rode the Trident I got a cramp in the hips, physio seems to be helping. There's not a huge difference in the seating position but it's enough to be a pain.

Attachments

• IMG_20220215_164039.jpg
    IMG_20220215_164039.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20220215_164732.jpg
    IMG_20220215_164732.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 71

Charliemurphay

Seating position is a bit of an issue for me. I'm seeing a physiotherapist at the moment so I can enjoy the Trident as well as the FTR. Last time I rode the Trident I got a cramp in the hips, physio seems to be helping. There's not a huge difference in the seating position but it's enough to be a pain.
You definitely look more leaned forward and stretched out on the trident.

D

Deleted member 706

Yeah the physio says more exercises should help get me back on it. I plan on putting rally bars on the FTR.

edgelett

it really depends on what your definition of comfort is.
for me, comfort was lower bars and some Wunderkind rearsets.
for others, it's higher bars and a more padded seat.

What riding position are you after?

M9Carbon22

it really depends on what your definition of comfort is.
for me, comfort was lower bars and some Wunderkind rearsets.
for others, it's higher bars and a more padded seat.

What riding position are you after?
The bike has a lot of torque so the upright position makes me feel like I will fall off the back without white knuckling it. I figure if I lock in my feet with rear sets, lean over a bit more with slightly lower handlebars that will give me more ability to shift my center of gravity over the front. Levers for sex appeal and hand ergo. I came from a sports bike so I am used to heavy lean.

D

Deleted member 706

@M9Carbon22
You got my attention at hand ergo, I have arthritis on both sides and tendonitis in the cruise control thumb.
My understanding is that modern levers have a range of possible adjustments.

D

Deleted member 706

@M9Carbon22
"Accelerate into a braking situation"
This guy makes a lot of down to earth common sense, thanks for sharing.

edgelett

The bike has a lot of torque so the upright position makes me feel like I will fall off the back without white knuckling it. I figure if I lock in my feet with rear sets, lean over a bit more with slightly lower handlebars that will give me more ability to shift my center of gravity over the front. Levers for sex appeal and hand ergo. I came from a sports bike so I am used to heavy lean.
excellent that helps with recommendations. I got lower Rizoma bars on my FTR, as does Mike (though we each have a different type). they also make a set of drag bars that are very forward and look like a clip on riding position.
both Wunderkind and Gilles rearsets allow you to move your feet higher and further back, Wunderkind also make a full race spec of rear sets but I recommend looking at them first cause they raise feet up quite high.
I like the stock or carbon seat for riding but the tracker seat might be more what your after, allows faster movement around on the seat.
Raximo levers are excellent and the shorty version is perfect in my opinion. and fully adjustable.
and a set of Sato inner bar weights is vital to reducing vibration.

hope this info helps!

M9Carbon22

excellent that helps with recommendations. I got lower Rizoma bars on my FTR, as does Mike (though we each have a different type). they also make a set of drag bars that are very forward and look like a clip on riding position.
both Wunderkind and Gilles rearsets allow you to move your feet higher and further back, Wunderkind also make a full race spec of rear sets but I recommend looking at them first cause they raise feet up quite high.
I like the stock or carbon seat for riding but the tracker seat might be more what your after, allows faster movement around on the seat.
Raximo levers are excellent and the shorty version is perfect in my opinion. and fully adjustable.

hope this info helps!
Which did you and Mike each go for and did you consider an alt colour? Looks like they do a 30mm and a 55mm height in the tapered.
Can't seem to find dimensions for the 22 R Carbon handlebar?
Wunderkind Rear Sets look more my style over the Gilles.
Raximo I like the BCE over the shorty's just deciding on colour scheme.
Sato Inner Bar Weights I might need to wait on till they are back on production. Sold out from what I can see.

Walrus

@M9Carbon22
You got my attention at hand ergo, I have arthritis on both sides and tendonitis in the cruise control thumb.
My understanding is that modern levers have a range of possible adjustments.
Get heated grips. I have arthritis as well as repaired broken fingers that frequently ache. The heated grips soothe the pain. I've even use them in low setting this baking-hot Oklahoma summer. Cost about $175 - if I remember right - and worth it, especially in cool, wet riding.

D

Deleted member 706

I have a few bikes so I use heated gloves and have just bought new batteries, they make the world of difference.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Which did you and Mike each go for and did you consider an alt colour? Looks like they do a 30mm and a 55mm height in the tapered.
Can't seem to find dimensions for the 22 R Carbon handlebar?
Wunderkind Rear Sets look more my style over the Gilles.
Raximo I like the BCE over the shorty's just deciding on colour scheme.
Sato Inner Bar Weights I might need to wait on till they are back on production. Sold out from what I can see.
I have the ma011 sport bend. The 22 and 19 share the same bars other than the 22 being a little narrower. It’s your standard “fat bar” used on most dirt bikes.

M9Carbon22

hope this info helps!
Where did you find the Sato Inner Bar weights? its only letting me ship to canada and america on the sato website/