Display screen leaking???

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
update..........was advised to contact my dealer to address this issue as it should still be under warranty, been over a week and no response from dealer :( it definitely not a screen protector issue, the liquid is in screen.
you will have to take it to the dealer for this warranty issue/

IslandRider

Update for those interested lol Im in a weird situation for warranty work as I live on a different island than the dealer, because of this they want me to ship my bike to them for any warranty work. Because of the cost of shipping vs the cost of a new display unit it doesnt make sense to ship........however, the dealership has been working with me to do a parts exchange where I may only need to ship them the unit and they will ship me back a replacement. Pretty sure these units are just plug and play and don't require any programing, anyone have any knowledge of this?

IslandRider

update;) dealership handled it famously, they did a warranty parts swap, mailed me the new one and prepaid shipping for the return on the damaged one. Plug and play so no issues with programing, (except for zeroing out odometer, which is documented in paperwork). Also, it wasn't water getting in the display unit, it was some weird internal gel leaking all over, some oozed out seal and I thought is was tree sap it was so friggen sticky. Anyway, happy days, riding on!!!!

edgelett

update;) dealership handled it famously, they did a warranty parts swap, mailed me the new one and prepaid shipping for the return on the damaged one. Plug and play so no issues with programing, (except for zeroing out odometer, which is documented in paperwork). Also, it wasn't water getting in the display unit, it was some weird internal gel leaking all over, some oozed out seal and I thought is was tree sap it was so friggen sticky. Anyway, happy days, riding on!!!!
Really glad they sorted it for you - but they should be able to reset the odometer for you (and depending on where you live, are legally required to).

but I'm glad it's sorted and your bike is rideable again :)

kiwi dave

Really glad they sorted it for you - but they should be able to reset the odometer for you (and depending on where you live, are legally required to).
I don't think it's that easy. If it was, everybody would be tampering with their odometer settings. I see nothing wrong with documenting the ownership papers.

Hmm, come to think of it, I haven't seen ownership papers in years! So change the registration plate and the history is forgotten?

edgelett

I don't think it's that easy. If it was, everybody would be tampering with their odometer settings. I see nothing wrong with documenting the ownership papers.

Hmm, come to think of it, I haven't seen ownership papers in years! So change the registration plate and the history is forgotten?
it's not easy at all - I didn't say it was and it definitely shouldn't be.
I believe it's done via Digital Wrench which is a tool Indian dealers have for working on the software bits of Indian motorcycles.
i know others have been able to get it done
as for ownership 'papers' - here in South Aus at least, everything is digital and kept on record that way. Including a change of rego plate.

kiwi dave

Is the Digital Wrench the same thing as the Dynajet Power Vision (PV3)?

I have this unit, and have been able to download and rewrite maps to the ECU. It has a very strange connector which lives under the RH cover where the fuel tank would normally be.

The first one that Dynajet sent me was faulty, and it took a lot of convincing them to replace it. Finally got a replacement that works. Note that this device was "married" to my ECU when first installed, and cannot be used on another FTR unless an additional license is purchased.

I'm currently using a map provided by Fuel Moto. There are others out there, but I'm happy with what I currently have.

edgelett

Is the Digital Wrench the same thing as the Dynajet Power Vision (PV3)?
as Max said, no it's not they're very different.
the PV3 lets you flash tunes, check error codes.
Digital Wrench allows you to completely change the ECU software (i.e change from the 9L0 software that CAN be tuned with a PV3 to the AH2 software that CAN'T), do further analysis and diagnostics, and a bunch of other stuff including putting the correct km's on the bike. It's dealer specific software/hardware and not available to the public at all.

Max Kool

I'm pretty sure it goes even further. Reads your ecu error messages, tells which sensor failed, what the part number is, and order it in the dealer parts system.

(that's how I would design it)