Finally rode it a bit.

broncoguy27

I got to put about 50 miles on my '19 last night. It definitely surges between two and three thousand rpms. At some point soon, I will send the ECU out and get it flashed. In the meantime, it's absolutely okay. I really enjoy riding the simple back to basics bike. I can't find my helmet with the sound system built in so I've been just riding, and that is okay too.

Walrus

I'm bummed you're having an annoying problem. The 2019s seem hit and miss based on the chatter around here.
My 2022 has had zero problems - so far.

broncoguy27

I'm bummed you're having an annoying problem. The 2019s seem hit and miss based on the chatter around here.
My 2022 has had zero problems - so far.
I really enjoy riding the bike, I would have been freaking out if I hadn't read about the surging problem before it happened. I'm tempted to call a dealer and see if they can do anything about it, but I think I'm going to be better off getting it flashed.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
No don’t bother with the dealer. Nothing they can do but update to the new ah2 software. But still doesn’t make it as good as a tune will.

my 22 I also tuned before 500 miles because it wasn’t smooth ether.

although I’ve never owned a bike that was smooth from the factory. They all required tuned imo