FTR fuel filling

el_jefe

Just wondered if any one has found a fix for the slow filling on the FTR, I know its due to the odd shaped tank, I had a suzuki across that had an under seat fuel tank and it was no where near as painful to fill as this thing is ...
didnt know if some one had put a breather hole/tube at the rear of the tank.

American

Are all the Ftr the same for this apparently troublesome filling?

Mine isn’t like a nascar pit stop or anything but it might take 2 mins to completely fill it up. Wondering if it’s taking some of you guys a lot longer or what the deal is?

Pmcb41

Since use mine as a daily driver I just fill it until it stops, then squeeze in a couple more times. If I am on a trip ill spend an extra minute to top it off. If people behind me can’t wait 2.5 minutes for gas they will probably be having a heart attack behind the wheel in the near future anyway, so I figured I kept them off the road for a little while. When I am on the highway at my age I need to stretch my legs every hour and a half anyway so it works out OK.

pushit

Are all the Ftr the same for this apparently troublesome filling?

Mine isn’t like a nascar pit stop or anything but it might take 2 mins to completely fill it up. Wondering if it’s taking some of you guys a lot longer or what the deal is?

The frustration is mostly how, after the first gallon, you need slow the rate and even lift the nozzle out of the tank. The final .5 gallon is a test of patience where you watch the level rise, wait for it to fall, add .01 more, watch the level rise, wait for it to fall, etc etc
Unless you just ride around with just 2-2.5 gallons?

Breto

I stand mine up at the bowser…fills way easier and you can get it pretty full…still a slow pull on the trigger but it works for me…yep it is painful…my mates are usually paid and back on the bike before I’m finished…🤦‍♂️🥱

American

I honestly have no clue if it’s not able to fill more and I live where there is practically always a gas station in sight.
As stated I fill it full speed to start and then go to a slower flow until I see fuel sitting near the neck. I’ve never actually timed it but it’s more than fast enough for me. Always done fueling before the other people at the pumps.

D

Deleted member 706

I double checked the tags and apparently it’s a legit ftr!
Maybe some people need to be more patient? If you’re in a race for maximum speed the Ftr isn’t the right bike.
If you're filled up quickly, just how filled up are you?

K9F

One of the reasons I top up at home before a ride out. With many of my riding buddies having further fuel ranges it is nice to know that leaving home being full up to the gunwales you can squeeze out a few extra miles before the inevitable gas stop.

S2Davies

Do you all thing that's why the FTR tank capacity is so small, just to make sure we are not still trying to fill up after gas station's closing time 😁

Breto

And at $1.94 for 98 fuel it proves rather expensive for 13 litres…there fore I squeeze as much into the focker as possible…😉👍😎