FTR fuel filling

Breto

It’s 12.5/1 mate…high comp and I run the TOCE low Mount, after market air filter and the runway Ryan tune…95 is never enough for this bike…

Max Kool

Tbh, if I had the choice, I may use that too. But hey 🤷🏻‍♂️

the Toce could make a difference I guess, moahr powah… better cylinder efficiency..

R. Warshawsky

Are all the Ftr the same for this apparently troublesome filling?

Mine isn’t like a nascar pit stop or anything but it might take 2 mins to completely fill it up. Wondering if it’s taking some of you guys a lot longer or what the deal is?
When I gas up I buy a newspaper first, read the funnies, go through the op Ed, by then the tank is full...

Breto

Ryan told both Breto and I to use 98.
He also told about 2 or 3 other Aussies he has sold tunes to they should use 95.

not sure if it's cause Breto and I have a Toce or what.
I ran 95 when I first got the thing and it ran like a dog…knocking and all the rest of the crap that it came with standard. I basically told the Indian dealer he was a wanker. Been running 98 ever since but I stand by the 12.5/1 and the Toce and air filter and tune as a major guide for me to run 98. Ryan agreed as well as Tash has said. Have had no problems since…and getting rid of that cat helped heaps as well. Still gunna make a mail box out of it…😂😂

The frustration is mostly how, after the first gallon, you need slow the rate and even lift the nozzle out of the tank. The final .5 gallon is a test of patience where you watch the level rise, wait for it to fall, add .01 more, watch the level rise, wait for it to fall, etc etc
Unless you just ride around with just 2-2.5 gallons?
"The final .5 gallon is a test of patience where you watch the level rise, wait for it to fall, add .01 more, watch the level rise, wait for it to fall, etc etc" This should in the owners manual.

Charliemurphay

I’ve gotten to know which fuel pumps in my area have “soft squeeze” triggers where you can finesse the pump down to a dribble of flow to top the FTR off. Those are the only pumps I go to lol.

Timps27

I wonder if it’s leaded. I thought most race fuel was.

100LL is what most props run on, which is why an airport is the most common place for people to get “race” fuel. But it doesn’t need to be leaded for cars, only for old(er) prop engines. I would guess the 110 is unleaded, otherwise I don’t think they can sell it at a self serve.

Breto

We have nothing with lead in it anymore here in Aus and haven’t had for years now…our 98 is the equivalent of our old super…that had lead in it…I remember leaning out the windows of the old EH cause it smelt so good and my dad rousing on me telling me to get my head back and wind up the window…😂😂😂 life was so simple then…👍😎

edgelett

We have nothing with lead in it anymore here in Aus and haven’t had for years now…our 98 is the equivalent of our old super…that had lead in it…I remember leaning out the windows of the old EH cause it smelt so good and my dad rousing on me telling me to get my head back and wind up the window…😂😂😂 life was so simple then…👍😎
my brother's skyline is set up to run on E85.
but then his skyline is set up as a race car ;)

Azzman

Ha mate most people on here won’t know what an EH is you might want enlighten them?

Timps27

Americans and Aussies are countrymen in my book, and Holden is a prime example of why. Our cultures like a lot of the same things. But we talk normal, so there’s that I suppose.