Grab rail.

SURLY

Just fitted the passenger grab rail thought it would useful for moving the bike about and getting on paddock stand and it is but shit it is twice the size I was expecting spoils the bikes slim looks but so useful will keep it anyway.:cry:

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
yeah, I almost ordered one, before I saw one in person, luckily it has the grab handles under the seat to help.

Murdock

really not the prettiest handle but helpful for save fastening of touring luggage. I have ordered it but keep also the original handles and will decide later if I use the grabhandle only while on tour (one or two weeks a year).

SURLY

Saw this in advert fitted to the bike and it looked neat and unobtrusive so ordered it looking at in the box I thought shit it did'nt look that big in the picture so thought it would look better when fitted so stuck it on replacing the shitty torx screws with nice shiny stainless allan screws and copper grease then stood back to see how it had shrunk to fit, my arse it had does rather spoil the super slinky looks of the bike but it makes moving the bike about easy and getting it on and off paddock stand (always a precarious business) much safer and gives me somewhere to hang my helmet at bike meets so am going with function over form on this one just glad I did not order the one with a rack on the back of it.(y)(y)

SURLY

And here it is just dragged it out in the pissing rain and it does make it easy so keeping it.

Attachments

• FTR6.JPG
    FTR6.JPG
    332.7 KB · Views: 72
  • FTR!.JPG
    FTR!.JPG
    385.9 KB · Views: 68

SURLY

67 actually and that's my wife 63 we are both gym freaks that pic is from 2002 but she looks the same now has spent 80 grand on plastic surgery you name it she has had it hits the gym twice a week and kick boxes twice a week my friends tell me that is a lot of money but some of them left good wives to go off with younger women and it cost a lot more than 80 grand and yes its my wallpaper amongst others.
PS I am actually starting to like the grab rail.:)

D

Deleted member 192

I bought the rear rack from Indian. It was $300!!!!! Where did you get yours and how much $$ ?

SURLY

I bought the rear rack from Indian. It was $300!!!!! Where did you get yours and how much $$ ?
£110 from Robinsons foundry UK not the one with the rack. Bit ugly but very practical. just bought the beartrap footrests £226 ouch but very well made.

JDP

Damn I bought the tail rack from Indian for $149 off eBay but think it was a misprint because the price went up after I bought mine

GT_IndianFTR

Just fitted the passenger grab rail thought it would useful for moving the bike about and getting on paddock stand and it is but shit it is twice the size I was expecting spoils the bikes slim looks but so useful will keep it anyway.:cry:
Hi Surly
When you fitted the grab handle did you have to remove the stock handles or did it go over the top on those?

edgelett

Hi Surly
When you fitted the grab handle did you have to remove the stock handles or did it go over the top on those?
they replace the existing handles. Take them off, put the grab handle on. Same as the rear luggage rack.

Geitou

I canceled the luggage rack I ordered for exactly the same reason.