Greetings from Greece - and then some problems

ian-gr

Hi there!
It is so nice to find you all here!
After going through 8 (different) Japanese motorcycles since 1984, finally I decided to go American :)
I picked up my new FTR1200 S two days ago and I fell instantly in love !! I never had the V-twin experience and its a revelation to me.

However, I have issues with the ride command and the digital instrument. The fuel gauge does not work (it always shows the same level), so to avoid running out of fuel I have to do the maths in my head while missing apex after apex :) in my first rides. Which I guess is easy to happen with the 13 lt tank..

Has anybody tried to update or re-install the software for the 2023 FTR ? There is nothing available on the INDIAN website. They only offer updates for up to the 2022 models..

And has anybody had issues with the fueling ? Some times it runs with momentary interuptions (like mini-hickups) if you keep the throttle steady. I tried the cruise control and had the same effect. Like cutting on fuel for an instant again and again.. I think it may be related to the software issue.

(I know, I should take her to the dealership, but it is weekend and i will be away for work for the next few days, and I am anxiously trying to guess if it is something easily fixable or I am in for big troubles...)

Goodnight from Athens (Greece)

iannis

edgelett

Hi and congrats on your new FTR!

yours is a 2023 model? I don't think there is new software for that Ride command yet.
As for the fuel - it could be a faulty fuel sensor. My husband had a faulty one on his 2022 FTR when it was only 10 months old.
GIve your dealer a call and let them know that the fuel gauge doesn't change, you will probably have to take some photos to show them.

ian-gr

Hi and congrats on your new FTR!

yours is a 2023 model? I don't think there is new software for that Ride command yet.
As for the fuel - it could be a faulty fuel sensor. My husband had a faulty one on his 2022 FTR when it was only 10 months old.
GIve your dealer a call and let them know that the fuel gauge doesn't change, you will probably have to take some photos to show them.
Yes, you are right. I called the dealer and they told me to take it to them asap, they suspect a stuck fuel tank floater and/or a faulty sensor..
Thank you for the feedback. At least I know I am not the only one.. :)

edgelett

Yes, you are right. I called the dealer and they told me to take it to them asap, they suspect a stuck fuel tank floater and/or a faulty sensor..
Thank you for the feedback. At least I know I am not the only one.. :)
that's great news, my husband's was sorted under warranty without issue too just took a little while for it to arrive.
Glad they're looking after you!

ian-gr

that's great news, my husband's was sorted under warranty without issue too just took a little while for it to arrive.
Glad they're looking after you!
LATEST UPDATE : it was the fuel pump. They replaced it (no charge) and apologised . Luckily they had it in stock. All is well. And now without the “have I run out of fuel ?” stress it is even more fun to ride !

edgelett

LATEST UPDATE : it was the fuel pump. They replaced it (no charge) and apologised . Luckily they had it in stock. All is well. And now without the “have I run out of fuel ?” stress it is even more fun to ride !
Brilliant news!
enjoy, Greece has some amazing roads for the FTR.