HealTech Quick shifter

Agmofstamford

Recently installed the HT QS. It's pretty much plug & play.....Gaining access to the coils at each cylinder turned out being a little involved..... but doable if you're mechanically capable. If not I highly recommend getting some help before you dive in! Removal of the left side sub-frame, gas tank and air-box was needed in order to do so and route the wires neatly.

After the initial set-up, I had some shifting issues that took a couple of emails to HT to get it sorted out. The shifts are now super smooth and shifts perfectly at all RPM ranges.

Very happy with the final result....and highly recommended. If you're thinking about it DO IT!

I'd be glad to help with anything I ran into as advice. Good-Luck!

Last edited:

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Post up what the fix was to be able to use it above 5500, as a few others are having issues.

Agmofstamford

Open the app and turn on the bike. Set the "pulses per rev" at a 0.5 OR 1.0 value. This will in turn make the RPM show much higher in the app as opposed to what the bike is actually idling at.

The 0.5 setting showed the RPM at about 9K when the bike was actually idling. HT assured me that the difference in the readings will not be a problem. Doing this has eliminated all the

issues with shifting above 5500 RPM. I also have the sensitivity on 80, which in turn eliminates the cut-off issues I had right before up-shifting as I placed my foot under the shifter.

I've yet to try the 1.0 setting but once I do, I'll post an update. Good-luck!

Ray Tsang

Open the app and turn on the bike. Set the "pulses per rev" at a 0.5 OR 1.0 value. This will in turn make the RPM show much higher in the app as opposed to what the bike is actually idling at.

The 0.5 setting showed the RPM at about 9K when the bike was actually idling. HT assured me that the difference in the readings will not be a problem. Doing this has eliminated all the

issues with shifting above 5500 RPM. I also have the sensitivity on 80, which in turn eliminates the cut-off issues I had right before up-shifting as I placed my foot under the shifter.

I've yet to try the 1.0 setting but once I do, I'll post an update. Good-luck!
Hi, this is Ray. I just installed the Healtech today, and i had my "pulses per rev" setting at 2.0, which properly sync with my actual RPM. I have not had problem with that setting yet, but should i change back to 0.5 which is the default? Also can you share with me the picture of the setting screen on your app? I use 70 sensitive, and 80ms cut-off times, and 2000-9000 RPM. I got these instructions from the dealer in China, but frankly I don't think they have ever done it on the FTR!

I had to say I am so far very happy with it. I thought it can only be used for shifting up, but I figured at high RPM I can also shift down without gasing. I also have a 1200GS ADV which has OEM quickshift, and frankly the Healtecj is almost smoother at the high RPM the the BMW.

Agmofstamford

Hi, this is Ray. I just installed the Healtech today, and i had my "pulses per rev" setting at 2.0, which properly sync with my actual RPM. I have not had problem with that setting yet, but should i change back to 0.5 which is the default? Also can you share with me the picture of the setting screen on your app? I use 70 sensitive, and 80ms cut-off times, and 2000-9000 RPM. I got these instructions from the dealer in China, but frankly I don't think they have ever done it on the FTR!

I had to say I am so far very happy with it. I thought it can only be used for shifting up, but I figured at high RPM I can also shift down without gasing. I also have a 1200GS ADV which has OEM quickshift, and frankly the Healtecj is almost smoother at the high RPM the the BMW.
I have recently experienced some engine cut-offs. Engine light came on as well. Not sure if it's the QS or something else. I reached out directly to healtech and they informed me that they now want me to "splice" one of the white wires from one of the coils. That this fix has been confirmed to take "ALL" the glitches out of the system and work "flawlessly" as per their email.
You could reach out directly to Healtech and get the instructions from them or I'd be happy to send them you. Good-luck.

Ray Tsang

I have recently experienced some engine cut-offs. Engine light came on as well. Not sure if it's the QS or something else. I reached out directly to healtech and they informed me that they now want me to "splice" one of the white wires from one of the coils. That this fix has been confirmed to take "ALL" the glitches out of the system and work "flawlessly" as per their email.
You could reach out directly to Healtech and get the instructions from them or I'd be happy to send them you. Good-luck.
Thanks for the offer, I will take you up for that. Can you send me (or PM) the email from Healtech to me? Now that you mentioned, I also occasionally find the engine light on (orange), but it will go away after a while. Not sure if it is related to the QS. would be great to copy your setting instead of reinventing the wheel again! thanks