Hey ladies :]

acrws

Yikes, I’ve been lurking for about a year, getting upgrade and install tips…but it never occurred to me to actually say Hi. So HELLO!

I feel like we are a pretty rare breed, we should make a sticker or something. Like, “What do you mean this isn’t a womens bike?” or idk, haha.

Anyone taken their FTR to one of the women-centric riding events scattered around the country? Share your favorites!!

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Welcome!! My wife also has one but she doesn’t mess around with the forums

Attachments

• 4307BC40-CC46-483E-836D-6078E436B5B6.jpeg
    4307BC40-CC46-483E-836D-6078E436B5B6.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 37

edgelett

I feel like we are a pretty rare breed, we should make a sticker or something. Like, “What do you mean this isn’t a womens bike?” or idk, haha.

Anyone taken their FTR to one of the women-centric riding events scattered around the country? Share your favorites!!
hey welcome! yeah not many female riders on this forum but I'm glad it's here and there's a spot just for us :)

what mods have you done so far?

I'm in Aus, no 'women centric' events here really but honestly that doesn't bother me, I don't really do group rides anyway I just order riding with my better half and with a couple of friends than in large groups

I do the pink ribbon ride from time to time though and the Xmas toy run every now and then.

acrws

hey welcome! yeah not many female riders on this forum but I'm glad it's here and there's a spot just for us :)

what mods have you done so far?
Ooo, one of my favorite questions! Thank you!

So, I got my FTR Race Replica for a song with about 1200 miles on it, and the previous owner had installed:
+ Puig rally-style windscreen
+ Thick old man foamy grips (I think they’re called Grip Doggies or something…)
+ stock mirror delete, left-hand bar-end mirror
+ NRC fender eliminator w/turn signals

Right when I got the bike last year was when Polaris was having their big sale on FTR accessories, so I went a bit crazy on stuff, but so far:
+ ProTaper gray half-waffle grips
+ RSD Collection bits&bobs (brake fluid covers, engine cover, lever guards, swingarm spools)
+ RSD foot pegs
+ Akrapovic link pipe (de-cat)
+ “Ryan’s Secret Sauce” tune
+ Antigravity battery
+ Got rid of the stock Dunlops

Bought but not yet installed:
+ Clear tank pads
+ Puig frame sliders
+ Passenger grab bar (honestly got this by mistake trying to get my hands on the luggage rack, I’ll probably never install it)
+ Saddlemen Track-LS seat (on order, getting something custom)
+ Race number plates

Customizing this bike has been my 2nd favorite part of owning it, lol.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Ohhh. You people and using different names for different platforms! Lol

Tash, she is also one of the new 22 ambassadors.

ryde4ever

Ooo, one of my favorite questions! Thank you!

So, I got my FTR Race Replica for a song with about 1200 miles on it, and the previous owner had installed:
+ Puig rally-style windscreen
+ Thick old man foamy grips (I think they’re called Grip Doggies or something…)
+ stock mirror delete, left-hand bar-end mirror
+ NRC fender eliminator w/turn signals

Right when I got the bike last year was when Polaris was having their big sale on FTR accessories, so I went a bit crazy on stuff, but so far:
+ ProTaper gray half-waffle grips
+ RSD Collection bits&bobs (brake fluid covers, engine cover, lever guards, swingarm spools)
+ RSD foot pegs
+ Akrapovic link pipe (de-cat)
+ “Ryan’s Secret Sauce” tune
+ Antigravity battery
+ Got rid of the stock Dunlops

Bought but not yet installed:
+ Clear tank pads
+ Puig frame sliders
+ Passenger grab bar (honestly got this by mistake trying to get my hands on the luggage rack, I’ll probably never install it)
+ Saddlemen Track-LS seat (on order, getting something custom)
+ Race number plates

Customizing this bike has been my 2nd favorite part of owning it, lol.
They are called Grip Puppies. I have used them for years on many bikes. They help alleviate pressure and vibration for your hands. I have tried the FTR with and without. About an hour or so and my hands are aching without. I can ride all day with them. I take offense at the old man comment...wait...no I don't. I just turned 60. 🙂😉😁

edgelett

@acrws .. welcome ..from the baltic sea

Don´t know exactly what it means but congrats Tash.
.. the first and only lady with that title down under?
um no not me. there's no such thing as Indian Ambassadors in Australia at all.

Pretty sure Mike is referring to the OP as being an Ambassador.

ryde4ever

Thanks. They last a long time. Just keep your ears open for a fellow rider complaining about their hands hurting or vibration making their hands numb give them away. Enjoy your FTR!