Homemade / Custom exhaust

Pannizzle

Hi all, 1st post on the forum - had my FTR 1200s for just over a year. Done a bunch of mods including Dynojet V3, Decat, baffles out of the Akrapovic, changed up the tyres etc. Covered just under 3,000 miles so far.

Latest mod is a custom exhaust I've just fitted after wanting something smaller on the bike to clean up the back-end (removed my Akrapovic). I looked at the AR Racing slip-on, and a few others, but in the end, I made my own - I brought a stock exhaust slip-on, had some decals made, then had it powder coated (then had the decals removed to leave the exposed metal in the shape of the Indian logo), IMHO I think I need to change the current decat pipe to allow the exhaust to sit a bit more flush. The V3 allowed me to map the bike to the new exhaust and it runs lovely, very loud though. Interested in thoughts from anyone!

Attachments

• Indian Exhaust.jpg
    Indian Exhaust.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 118
  • Indian2.jpg
    Indian2.jpg
    942.8 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Pannizzle

Good spot - It's not a Akrapovic exhaust (I took off my Akrapovic off to play with this new option - I still have that exhaust). This exhaust is a standard, generic slip on exhaust. I just like the Termignoni brand so fancied the logo

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
That idiot used chicken wire and exhaust putty to install his “custom” slip on.

Breto

Yep. And then complained there isn’t many cheap Chinese aftermarket options for the ftr lol
Well there’s no going back from that disaster…unless your a welder of course but yeah that’s a bit on the stupid side me thinks…🤯😵‍💫

tsb996FTR

just got my 2022 carbon (insurance auction - laid-down right side. Since the Akra's are prob toast - might try to modify (at least take apart to examine). Has anyone tried to build a "top - bottom" exhaust selector? Could make one quiet - the other "not so much". Keep the 2-1 scavenge, I guess would have to stay within a reasonable ECU Tune.

Attachments

• FTRakra2.jpg
    FTRakra2.jpg
    652.4 KB · Views: 10

Fuse5

If the header is still ok.. u may change to any system u like/want.
Cat delete or not.. or cut the header off anywhere (local restrictrions?).
Pls. keep in mind.. there would be an update necessary (maybe) ..depend on personal config´s and mod´s.

tsb996FTR

thx Fuse5. I see there are a few Akra (pre 2022) high-mount for sale on ebay. Can this fit to a 2022 carbon Y-pipe?

Attachments

• FTR_akra_2.jpg
    FTR_akra_2.jpg
    804.2 KB · Views: 10