Indian FTR Carbon

MartyParty

Hello all ,
New member and owner of Indian FTR Carbon 2022 , loving the machine but trying to find out a couple of things , firstly what is the best coolant to use as i cannot find out anywhere everyone just says 50/50 premix , having checked at the weekend it looks yellow , i believe you have to use the same colour so i just need to know what make would be best to use ?
Secondly the bike gets very hot very quickly in traffic and i get a warning sign of the v twin engine with a red cross next to it , the fan kicks in fine but just worried what this sign means as it is not in any manual ?

Thanks

Martin

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
That’s an indication your rear cylinder deactivation is active. It’s in chapter 3 of your Owners manual.

It is standard 50/50 coolant, chapter 6 of your owners manual.

these bikes feel warm but don’t run hot, adding gold foil under your seat helps some.

MartyParty

Thanks for that , still a little confused though , sorry I'm not mechanically minded just love riding , doesn't the cylinder activation need to be active ?

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
That’s perfectly fine. If you fill it to full you will probably have some overflow come out of the line when the bikes hot

MartyParty

OK cool thanks I will just keep an eye on it for now , I didn't check it when I first got it so dont know how much it has gone down , rooky mistake 😢

tsb996FTR

has anyone seen (know when) a 2022 service manual availability? There are enough changes where I would rather spend the $$ on a 2022 (I have a '22 Carbon) thx

MacBayne

OP... it's time to leave the phone on the kitchen counter and read your owner's manual whilst doing number 2, instead of playing Wordle.