New FTR 1200 Owner

K9F

You mention logs, as least you have that option with FuelMoto, to me that's better support.

I mentioned this in another post? Anyone????

Without wishing to open a proverbial can of worms here or get into heated debate, I (as others have mentioned too) was under the distinct impression both 'tuning camps' who both churn out excellent results offered a 'lifetime support' on the remote tuning services they peddle? Am I wrong and if you have issues without the facility of logging rides and sending them in how are the issues resolved?

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
You can’t get all the information you need to do a full tune simply through the pv3. Which is why lloydz doesn’t do it. But instead has remote tuning centers, with all sorts of gear that gets installed onto the bike to log rides, if you feel you need a perfectly tweaked tune.

here you can see the rtc kit on robs bike.

Again different methods, pick which one works for you.

Attachments

• 34922A89-CCDD-401D-85B3-86E74181A8A3.png
    34922A89-CCDD-401D-85B3-86E74181A8A3.png
    5.9 MB · Views: 39

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Which I am doing, but startup is not getting better and I don't see how it could in open loop. It is obvious there are Team Ryan people here and Team FuelMoto people as well. I'm going to give my opinion on both.

You mention logs, as least you have that option with FuelMoto, to me that's better support.
What are your impressions so far?

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
@gene
Which I am doing, but startup is not getting better and I don't see how it could in open loop. It is obvious there are Team Ryan people here and Team FuelMoto people as well. I'm going to give my opinion on both.

wellllll??

mtberbob

Hello everyone! My name is Chris and I just purchased a still in the crate 2019 FTR 1200 base model (black on black on black).

This is my 10th bike, but my first Indian, so I'm excited to get it out on the road. Already ordered a Racefit exhaust for it as well as a tidy tail kit. This will be a commuter bike for me (120 miles round trip for work each day) to keep some miles off of my diesel F250. I've heard a lot of people mention the jerkiness coming off throttle and am curious to hear some thoughts on remapping, best hardware for these bikes for remapping and best tuners or decent canned tunes. Like I said, it's going to be primarily a commuter, so I'm less worried about all out performance and much more worried about an enjoyable ride with decent manners. I have other toys for all out hooligan/track behavior.

Anyway, it's nice to be here and am excited to start turning miles. Any input would be appreciated. Once I get the bike here (it's currently being shipped) and throw the mods on I'll post up some pictures.
I have a similar ride to work mine's only 100 miles though, Lancaster to Malvern.

MP510

Hi Chris, congratulations on an awesome new bike. I also have a 2019 nearing 11k miles and observe that the bike smooths out significantly with a few thousand mile break in and the Indian software updates. My bike no longer surges or stalls, it’s a dramatic difference. Hopefully the latest software is on your bike and if so you’ll be in a much better place!