No sounds of silence / Music at the bar

Max Kool

We saw them two years ago, as a support act for Within Temptation and were blown away. Anders Fridén also sang a duet with Sharon den Adel, which was super good!

It was actually that exact night when I decided on this tattoo

20191117_OWNERS_2020_MAX-BREEMER_LOCATION_236.jpgYou have good taste @Timps27 (y)

Timps27

Heard a Breathe track on a random shuffle and realized it’s been a while since I listened to them. Huge fan of their back catalog, the newer stuff not so much. Which is why it’s funny Sellouts is my favorite song of theirs (basically crapping on all of their old fans).

EllenGtrGrl

One of my all time favourite Aussie bands: Grinspoon.

I like Grinspoon. I remember buying the "Licker Bottle Cozy" EP, and "Guide to Better Living" album when both became available in the US in the 90s, after I heard them on a cassette compilation of hard music ("Concrete Corner" - you could get them for free monthly [and they had new heavy music on them] from some record stores). I was surprised to read recently, that Grinspoon was active again - most of their music became unavailable for a long time in the US, after "Guide to Better Living" was released. I still listen to that album on occasion, especially when I get a hankering for "Railrider" - as lead guitarist in the past, in bands that played a fair amount of metal, I loves me some decent sounding fuzz guitar.

EllenGtrGrl

As I've gotten older, my music tastes have gotten more eclectic. I still like metal, and heavy music in general (and I still play electric guitar), but I also like jazz guitar, and I've re-embraced my acoustic music roots (when I first started playing guitar, I played acoustic guitars, and my grandfather [who was a luthier/guitar maker] made me my first guitar [a small acoustic guitar], when I was 6 years old). Acosutic music-wise, I like folk (especially the English variety of Bert Jansch & co.), some Americana, bluegrass in measured doses, and American Primitive, because players in that genre have a tendency to go a little nuts in the guitar, like I used at times, when I was playing solos during gigs. I was turned on to this Welsh guitarist (whose playing style is based to a large extent upon American Primitve), by a thread about her music on the Acoustic Guitar Forum yesterday. Like me, she originally comes from a hard/heavy music background, and it shows in her playing - sooo cool! Her latest album (which this song is from) was recorded at home in Brighton, during the Covid lockdown in 2020.

edgelett

I like Grinspoon. I remember buying the "Licker Bottle Cozy" EP, and "Guide to Better Living" album when both became available in the US in the 90s, after I heard them on a cassette compilation of hard music ("Concrete Corner" - you could get them for free monthly [and they had new heavy music on them] from some record stores). I was surprised to read recently, that Grinspoon was active again - most of their music became unavailable for a long time in the US, after "Guide to Better Living" was released. I still listen to that album on occasion, especially when I get a hankering for "Railrider" - as lead guitarist in the past, in bands that played a fair amount of metal, I loves me some decent sounding fuzz guitar.

cracking tune!
Yes the Grinners have been playing/touring for a few years now (though on hold due to COVID), though no new albums for a while. Mainly playing shows doing all the old classics but it's great to see them live again.
Last album was Black Rabbits in 2012. Very different for them but I still like it

edgelett

another of my fave bands, Shihad from NZ.
they changed their name to Pacifier a while back after copping some flack when trying to break in to the US market, then changed it back cause they realised it was a silly idea haha.

This is one of their older tracks from 1999 but I fricking love it. Will post a newer one soon.

Breto

another of my fave bands, Shihad from NZ.
they changed their name to Pacifier a while back after copping some flack when trying to break in to the US market, then changed it back cause they realised it was a silly idea haha.

This is one of their older tracks from 1999 but I fricking love it. Will post a newer one soon.

Ah Tash or musical tastes are very parallel girl…my minds sedate…👍😎

Max Kool

I'm such a moron, I could walk right past all my music idols. Assuming one of these dudes in Anders Friden?

lobo

The guy on the right is Peter Iwers. He and Daniel Svensson started a brewery and I met him through a job I had for a while 2-3 years ago. (Mobile canning service). https://oddislandbrewing.se/
I live in the same town as Meshuggah originated from. I don't really know them, but it's not a big town, so we have common friends.

Small world. :)

lobo

hey I have Roxette on my playlist haha.
but my music selection includes pretty much everything other than country and R&B.

Believe it or not, but I actually met Per Gessle once when I was about 10 years old. 😂 This was before Roxette when he sang in a band called Gyllene Tider. A lot better, if you ask me. 👍

Fuse5

.. like the nordic states and local support therefore.. its quite different in feelings (y)

There are so many artistst from the past which u not find at social media channels.
..different times.. and just listen on all things right now whats on a disc, mp3 or whatever.
long times ago .. and maybe oldscool.

Nordic States

Aussies..

US..

Belgium

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1cRGVaJF7Y&list=PL26oVH5Oc64WbbfvAaxc6rugISJUFpW7U&index=3

Germany

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNo2-viKfW8&list=PLH5o6U2sTxu3vrIFlU_0dIwDYQWzXV2A5&index=1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY9eSzB-KbU

Last edited:

motocroft

Old favourites of mine: Faithless, Morcheeba, Massive Attack, Protoje, Terrorvision, Aerosmith, Portishead, Skunk Anansie, Roxette, Zero 7, Bicep, Hooverphonic..... I’m very eclectic.
Geeze mate - you've hacked my Spotify account.

I'll add Muse, Radiohead, A Perfect Circle, Soundgarden, Gomez, Lamb, Primal Scream.....and more!