No sounds of silence / Music at the bar

edgelett

Not sure how well Dan Sultan is known outside Aus, but I adore him and this song is one of my faves.

Fuse5

season´s start`s again (almost) worldwide .. live ..(y)
one of these mails .. with a tender..

Last edited:

edgelett

For those interested, my band The Irresponsibles has a new album coming out next Thursday.

I'll be chatting about it on Three D Radio 93.7FM next Thursday 15th Sept at 8:30am Adelaide time (Australian Central Standard Time) and will play a track or two off it as well.
You can listen anywhere in the world too
🙂

https://www.threedradio.com/about/ways-to-listen/

Irving

huh??
not I think you're confusing my band with another mate.
I know there's a band called The Irresponsibles in the US but they haven't been around for a long time.

we don't have an album called Aggravator.
This is my band here: https://www.facebook.com/TheIrresponsibles
Thank you - the Irresponsibles I knew were a Boston band - I believe. Sorry I thought you were resurrecting them. My Bad. That being said your on in 45 minutes. I plan on listening!!

Last edited:

edgelett

Thank you - the Irresponsibles I knew were a Boston band - I believe. Sorry I thought you'd were resurrecting them. My Bad. That being said your on in 45 minutes. I plan on listening!!
haha nah we're from Australia mate. Cheers!

edgelett

Nice looking tele that. Can get some great organic sounds out of those things. What rig are you currently using live?
oh yes you can. I just don't use it for that though haha. It's my drop D guitar.

Live I usually switch between my Epi Les Paul, my strat and the tele. I run a pretty hectic selection of pedals (various overdrives, distortions, fuzz, phaser, delay and reverb. not all at once though lol) and everything goes through my Vox AC30. It's a Korg era Vox but was built in 2002 in the UK, one of the very last Vox amps made in England.

FTR London

oh yes you can. I just don't use it for that though haha. It's my drop D guitar.

Live I usually switch between my Epi Les Paul, my strat and the tele. I run a pretty hectic selection of pedals (various overdrives, distortions, fuzz, phaser, delay and reverb. not all at once though lol) and everything goes through my Vox AC30. It's a Korg era Vox but was built in 2002 in the UK, one of the very last Vox amps made in England.
All stomp boxes - love it. I'm guessing you've build your own board? Correctly sequencing so many pedals is a black art. The AC30 is such a great amp, both live and in the studio. The only other amp I'd compare to my JCM800 head. I used to slave a 4X4 cab off an AC30. Louder than this bloody Toce exhaust!

"Drop D" - very emo Tash.

FTR London

??? 😄 It was. I don't mean it in a derogatory sense. FNM and Metallica set the template for these guys. The Black Album! - brought to you today by the letter D, (actually D standard) and drop D subsequently became the preserve of Nu Metal as you say to give a heavier, beefier sound. Even though it had widely been used in thrash, grunge and alt it became the signature and hallmark of those 00s and emo bands. In fact, it became completely synonymous with the latter.

Took me a while to realise that many of my favorite guitar players and songwriters utilised alternative tunings. I'd used open E to play silde, but recall squandering untold hours as a teenager trying to figure out intricate stuff by (amongst others), Jimmy Page, Nick Drake, Joni Mitchell and Johnny Marr (who appropriated many of his from the latter). Turns out DADGAD, CGCFCE plus a capo are a wonderful combination - complete gamechanger and unlocked the previously unthinkable. Dunno if you've listened to much Mastodon, but Brett and Bill use an array of drop tunings, amongst them, like Metallica, standard D but with the low D dropped to an A so power chords become octaves which gives a really unique sound.

Back to your band, irrespective of tuning, love the guitar sound on your new material - it's massive and the singer is hugely talented. Very cool.