Non Factory luggage options

lars9989

Is this attached to the SW-Motech mount? I went online and it said it is not available
Yes, it’s attached to the SW-Motech SLC side carrier, but modified to work with the rear rack. I can’t find it available anywhere at the moment either.

Attachments

• 897B96DD-C7E5-4A5E-AEC4-AF1C7BA8D06F.jpeg
    897B96DD-C7E5-4A5E-AEC4-AF1C7BA8D06F.jpeg
    110.6 KB · Views: 31

tri650

I sent SW-Motech an email asking about the "not available" note on their site for this rack - once they respond I'll share their comment

tri650

This was the reply from Max at SW-Motech:

This is showing up as unavailable only because it is out of stock in both the US and German warehouses. I checked the Euro website and it shows an eta of week 34 of this year. Once in stock in either warehouse it will be orderable on the US website. Every two weeks we do an air freight order for out of stock items from Germany, once that shipment reaches our US warehouse your order ships to you. Let us know if we can answer any other questions.

Max, SW-Motech Team

If I calculate correctly week 34 is the end of August.

almac333

Another Nelson Rigg fan. The Hurricane dry bag is my tail pack for my Tiger, and it doubles valiantly on the back of the FTR. Still mulling the luggage rack, or at least the pax grab handle, either should get the bag angled a bit more up so it’s not partially obscuring my tail. Also, Rok straps for everything, they are my go to.

View attachment 3341
Hi mate, just wanted to check this is the 20L bag, am considering getting this for my bike and would prefer the 40L but im guessing its too big to fit on the back?

lobo

They are V rated, good for up to 149mph. That said, they're not the most confidence inspiring ones...
Ah ok. Well, I haven't tried any other tires until recently, when I switched my rear to a TKC 70, but I did run the stock at 110 on gravel a few times. 🤘😀

Timps27

Hi mate, just wanted to check this is the 20L bag, am considering getting this for my bike and would prefer the 40L but im guessing its too big to fit on the back?
Yes, that’s the 20L. The 40L is the exact same size just taller so it should fit as well, but I would definitely recommend the pax grab bar or luggage rack.

motocroft

Haven't had the need to install onto the FTR as yet, but have been using Kriega bags for years across my previous bikes.
1630744020568.png

Great gear, rugged, 100% waterproof and will fil just about anything.
I've had the same US-30 bag for ~8 years and it's still going strong.
It's enough for a 2, 3 night trip - but not enough for epic touring.

Here is is on the MT09
1630743997502.png

Here it is on the Aprilia.
1630744087476.png

Couldn't recommend more highly.

• Love
Reactions: K9F