Rear tire wear

D

Deleted member 706

Also, the roads you ride, and your preferred direction. My left sides always wear harder than the right. On any bike.
In which case rotating the the tyre is an option.
At Speedway they rotate the drive wheel every race on the sidecars.

Max Kool

I’m not mounting tires backwards. Btw, once the left side is chewed up, the right is also close to its limit.

D

Deleted member 706

I’m not mounting tires backwards. Btw, once the left side is chewed up, the right is also close to its limit.
Yeah well this is about as far from carving up the canyons as it goes...

Face It

In the Twin Cities of Minnesota the cloverleafs would put a lot of right side wear merging from one freeway to another. The fix was to ride out to the more urban areas where roundabouts have become popular. Since they are left leaning the wear is now even on both sides...

;):LOL:

Max Kool

All modern tyres have a direction of rotation marked on the side wall. This is the way the tyre must be fitted. I would strongly advise not to Mount them counter to that. Handling and balance plus delaminating are serious effects regarding this.
It’s mostly dispersing water tbh nowadays. Remember slicks are often bidirectional.

(I will still stick to the arrow though)

Breto

It’s mostly dispersing water tbh nowadays. Remember slicks are often bidirectional.

(I will still stick to the arrow though)
Even the Dunlop slicks I run on the CBR are directional. I know what your saying regarding water dispersal but it’s also running against that tread pattern that will eventually destroy the tyre.

devinbreeding

Roads have slope built in to allow water to run off. If I remember correctly, alignment shops will compensate for this on 4 wheel vehicles to prevent drift. Obviously on two wheels, you compensate for that naturally by leaning. You also may have more left turns in your routes? Check your axle alignment and don’t worry about it.

MacBayne

Late to the party... oh well.

There are a number of factors that will affect tire wear. Do not mount street tires opposite of the directional arrow. The sipes (grooves) are designed for one direction only.

As was mentioned before, most roads have camber, meaning the centreline is higher than the edges and that helps with drainage. If you do a lot of highway, that may cause uneven wear not only because of said angle, but you are constantly steering "uphill" because the slope wants to steer you to the right.

Alignment has been mentioned. Just google the procedure, there are plenty of youtubes about that.

I see you are from PR. I, personally have never been there, but I know that there are plenty of twisties, and I would bet a Kitkat that you are simply more comfortable with left turns, much like 90% of riders, and so you go faster around them. Since we drive on the right, by road design, our right turns tend to be sharper because of lane position, but my statement holds true.

I teach an equivalent to the MSF, and it seems that every course, someone will ask me why it's harder to turn right. I also see newbs at the track go much faster around left turns than right.

Now after typing a story, I'm just gonna ask you to post a pic, otherwise we're just a blind man at an orgy, making stabs in random directions hoping to find what we are looking for.

MacBayne

Tires to orgies...gotta love it...

I butchered a Police Squad/ Naked Gun joke. The original is "like a blind man at an orgy, I had to feel my way around."

The better one is, "like a midget at a urinal, I had to stay on my toes."

If you haven't seen Police Squad... it was actually cancelled after 6 episodes for being too funny. Seriously. =The network thought that the average person couldn't keep up with how fast the jokes and gags came.