Ride command has water in it just some pictures

59Belair

Hello all
I have a 2019 FTRS 4500 mi I got caught in the rain recently and my dash ( ride command )
Started freaking out. I wiggled the plug to see if it was loose and a bunch of water came out. I took the back off to dry it out and was amazed at how much water was in it. The only place it was serviced at is lloydz in Charlotte NC, I am about 3 hours away but figured they have to be the best and I want to get a reflash some day. I can't get any response from them at all I have been trying to contact Amanda she is customer service I think? Polaris said contact the dealership your out of warranty and probably screwed ! The ride command isn't available anyway ! Does anyone have any contacts that can help ? Bike is in new condition never sits outside this is not my fault ! I love my Indian but this sucks. I realize everyone is at Sturgis but somebody should reply back to me ? The screen is also delaminating.

Attachments

• IMG_20220810_163217228.jpg
    IMG_20220810_163217228.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 16
  • 1649.jpeg
    1649.jpeg
    409.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 1648.jpeg
    1648.jpeg
    177.5 KB · Views: 14

edgelett

so your ride command doesn't work at all?
yeah everyone from Lloydz is at Sturgis so they won't answer at the shop.

The screen is a known issue on older FTRs - did you receive the screen protector as part of the recall they did?

59Belair

Polaris customer service said they have had no issues with the ride command lol.
The older FTR's lol it's a 2019 with 4500 miles. I traded in a 2002 road king with 48,000 miles that was like new !
I'm catching hell from my Harley buddies ☹️

edgelett

Polaris customer service said they have had no issues with the ride command lol.
The older FTR's lol it's a 2019 with 4500 miles. I traded in a 2002 road king with 48,000 miles that was like new !
I'm catching hell from my Harley buddies ☹️
yeah well given Polaris replaced a heap under warranty, and sent out the screen protector.... they definitely know there were issues.
if it's working intermittently try letting it fully dry out (take it off and pop it on some paper towels etc) and see if that helps.
Otherwise, you might be up for a replacement (which is advisable anyway if the screen is delaminating)

59Belair

I had the Computer guys at work dry it out , it had a water line in the case about 1/2 an inch high.
I only got caught in the rain a couple times and washed it with the garden hose being careful not to get the dash wet I can't figure out how it got that much water in it, condisation ? I know I need a new one but I want Polaris to replace it there is no way this can be anything but a defect ! It's over 1,000.00 .
I bought it to support the flat track effort I love the racing but not expecting a issue with the service department. I raced Polaris snowmobiles when I was younger they were great.

59Belair

Thanks
I have opened a case and have a case number.
I am trying to go through lloydz.
A different dealer to me to leave the bike for a week and they will do a diagnostic test on it. They will charge me labor and it is not under warranty by just a few months. It leaked and has water in it duh ! Polaris said maybe lloydz will do a good faith or a good will something like that adjustment on it ? But I can't get any response from them.

edgelett

I haven't had any water issues with my 2019 FTR, and I've sadly ridden in the rain a few times and washed the bike with water without issue.
But my screen isn't delaminating.
if yours is, then yeah they should replace it though if it's out of warranty then they might charge you for it.

59Belair

It's barley out of warranty and it has 4500 miles, always kept inside. I'll be patient until Sturgis is over maybe they will contact me ?
I was a diehard Buell fan back in the day and had to deal with Harley Davidson dealers not wanting to have anything to do with Buell so it's not my first rodeo. Did a iron butt ride on this Buell 1025 miles in 16hours 38 minutes around lake superior.
Still love the Buell HD not so much !

Attachments

• 1651.jpeg
    1651.jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 1653.jpeg
    1653.jpeg
    48.9 KB · Views: 4

59Belair

Ride command pictures

Attachments

• IMG_20220712_220629536.jpg
    IMG_20220712_220629536.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20220712_193422607.jpg
    IMG_20220712_193422607.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20220712_193439647_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220712_193439647_HDR.jpg
    353.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20220712_220513964_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220712_220513964_HDR.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 25

MacBayne

Riding in the rain shouldn't be a factor, at all. If your screen has water in it, unless you screwed with it or it had an impact of some sort, it would appear to be a manufacture defect. Letting it dry out won't do a thing. The corrosion is already there. Raise a stink. Time limit on warranty be-damned. 4500 miles isn't even half of an oil change interval...

Be firm... the dealer that you bought it from should stand behind their product... and if they don't, run. That screen is NOT a "wear item."

If you don't receive satisfaction locally, go regional... then go national.

Make phone calls, don't send emails. Take notes on who you talk to.

Breto

so your ride command doesn't work at all?
yeah everyone from Lloydz is at Sturgis so they won't answer at the shop.

The screen is a known issue on older FTRs - did you receive the screen protector as part of the recall they did?
Did you get one Tash?…I didn’t 🤔

Breto

We don’t have a so called Indian dealer here anymore. They got absorbed by team moto. The mob I bought mine from doesn’t exist any more. I could probably call them but I don’t like my chances.