Saddleman Seat

Ultratoad

How long did they take to ship? Ordered mine on the 3rd and it hasn’t shipped yet just curious.
They make your seat to order.... They don't have a bunch of stock sitting on shelves.... I think they told me the lead time would be about 4-6 weeks, but I received it in 3 weeks.... Great company to do business with.... Be patient.... We are all getting too used to Amazon.... Expect our orders to come the next day lol !!!! I'm the same way though.... Don't wait well !!!!

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
you can get them faster if you dont want special stitching. a lot of places keep the standard optioned ones in stock. i know biohazard had a few of them

Charliemurphay

Yea I went with gold stitching, figured that would take longer. Which is fine I’m willing to wait patiently I just hadn’t seen a rough timeframe anywhere and was curious.

Wayne

I realize this is an old thread but I hope to get a response. I replaced my stock seat with a Corbin which I'm still breaking in. I have used Corbin many times in the past and they make a great product and they are comfortable. My issue with the Corbin for the FTR is the hump pushes me too far forward. I'm lot a large person at 5'9" but I would like to be a litter farther back from the bars which I have changed to the rally bars.. Any Saddleman owners experience similar?

Charliemurphay

I can’t really say as I only got to ride mine once before I put the bike away for winter hibernation. It felt more supportive than the stock seat on that ride though and I liked it so far.

Ultratoad

I realize this is an old thread but I hope to get a response. I replaced my stock seat with a Corbin which I'm still breaking in. I have used Corbin many times in the past and they make a great product and they are comfortable. My issue with the Corbin for the FTR is the hump pushes me too far forward. I'm lot a large person at 5'9" but I would like to be a litter farther back from the bars which I have changed to the rally bars.. Any Saddleman owners experience similar?
I have had the Saddleman GP on my FTR RR for about a year now. It is holding up perfectly and I find the gel construction to be ideal for me--firm.... I do not find that the hump is pushing me forward, and the seating area in general is level. I also really appreciate the improved side angles at the front--put be a little closer to the ground. Overall, I am exceedingly happy with my Saddleman purchase....

Wayne

Thanks for this. I will give the Corbin time to break in and see if I can get use to it. I was thinking of installing the Roland Sands pull back risers which would move the bars 30mm back and that might make the situation even worse. If it comes down to it I may have to try a Saddleman.

MilwDave

I have had the Saddleman GP on my FTR RR for about a year now. It is holding up perfectly and I find the gel construction to be ideal for me--firm.... I do not find that the hump is pushing me forward, and the seating area in general is level. I also really appreciate the improved side angles at the front--put be a little closer to the ground. Overall, I am exceedingly happy with my Saddleman purchase....
Ditto

M1Eller

Hi - I just picked up a 2019 Race Replica with 650 miles on it and a Corbin saddle. I'm 6'2" with a 34" inseam, and the Corbin makes me slide forward. Anyone experience any better break-in after riding the Corbin for a couple thousand miles, or maybe is there a way to reduce the forward lean at all? Perhaps Corbin can rework the saddle a little...maybe someone has experience trying that angle. Thanks!

Wayne

I have ~ 1k miles on my Corbin and it is broke in. I was concerned also about how far forward I felt, that hump isn't going anywhere. I'm not sure if the seat changed after I broke it in or rather I'm just accustomed to it now. I do feel pretty comfortable on it. One other difference in my perception is that I'm running the 2" taller rally bars which helps me personally.

M1Eller

Thanks for the reply. I've got the higher bar as well... Ok, I'll keep working on breaking in the saddle. Just took a quick ride to the beach and it stalled out a few times and was nearly impossible to restart (maybe the battery needs a charge)... Hmmm....

Wayne

I've experience the same, even with a re flash. Its a little unnerving in traffic. Since the V6 bench tune the bike is amazing.

mtFTRnh

I have a Corbin. It extends my riding time by at least 50%….and the color and material options are great.

Attachments

• 39BE413E-FE2C-4F59-B7AD-ECEC7ACBF8BA.jpeg
    39BE413E-FE2C-4F59-B7AD-ECEC7ACBF8BA.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 21
  • 75E65D7D-1CDC-4ABF-8A77-00CD81ED3FD5.jpeg
    75E65D7D-1CDC-4ABF-8A77-00CD81ED3FD5.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 21

M1Eller

I have a Corbin. It extends my riding time by at least 50%….and the color and material options are great.
That's the same saddle I have... for some reason mine just feels like it's dumping me forwards.... I got underneath it today & padded up the metal bracket above the fuel pump (?).. it seems to have tilted the seat marginally rearwards. I'll have to see how it works on a longer ride.

M1Eller

I've experience the same, even with a re flash. Its a little unnerving in traffic. Since the V6 bench tune the bike is amazing.
Wayne - can you elaborate on the V6 bench rune... I'm not familiar with that. Sounds like it worked for you....

Wayne

Its a complete tune of the bikes ECU. Ryan at Lloyds Garage has developed this and the results are really what the bike needed. They will tailor that tune to any changes you have made to the motorcycle. In my case I had added an Akropovic header, cat delete pipe and S&S slip on. The cost is $500.00 but in my opinion it is the best money I have spent on the bike. For more information see the following link
Lloyd'z Garage "SECRET SAUCE" V6 Flash For FTR 1200 (U.S. & Canada Onl (lloydzgarage.com)

morooster

Its a complete tune of the bikes ECU. Ryan at Lloyds Garage has developed this and the results are really what the bike needed. They will tailor that tune to any changes you have made to the motorcycle. In my case I had added an Akropovic header, cat delete pipe and S&S slip on. The cost is $500.00 but in my opinion it is the best money I have spent on the bike. For more information see the following link
Lloyd'z Garage "SECRET SAUCE" V6 Flash For FTR 1200 (U.S. & Canada Onl (lloydzgarage.com)
wayne, just sent mine in. how long did it take for you to get your ecu back?