The running thread for off topic discussions

Notaharley

Kinda. We just don’t advertise these cards. As it’s more of a word of mouth thing.

Interesting. So Indian hired a bunch of people for a social media presence, like using all those you tubers in their videos.

Creative way to combat the entrenched Harley culture.

People have become such sheep that it's not enough to build a better product and stand on that alone.

I went to Victory/Polaris because of reliability and American made. At 15k a year, I needed my bikes to always run. Never cared what anyone thought--- now everyone cares what everyone else thinks of them.

Smart move by Polaris to pull the younger generation toward their brand.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
We aren’t hired. It’s something people applied for and a few got selected. And we don’t get paid. It’s something to help promote the brand which most of us were doing anyway. Now we just get things to give out at events and what not. As well as test new products / gear.

Notaharley

We aren’t hired. It’s something people applied for and a few got selected. And we don’t get paid. It’s something to help promote the brand which most of us were doing anyway. Now we just get things to give out at events and what not. As well as test new products / gear.
You should be paid....
reimbursed somehow. No one should be promoting a billion dollar organization for free, so a bunch of wealthy people can make more $$ and do nothing.

I get preferring a brand. I get recommending it to friends.

Seems like a racket on the part of Indian to give a "title" instead of $$.

I owned several companies. I paid people to advertise and I gave away promotional items....so I could make more money.

You should get 50% off or something!!

Notaharley

Oh we get LOTS of perks. But helping other riders and surprising them with gifts is one of the main ones.
I was into Victory.
This "underdog" motorcycle company. Real grassroots campaign to promote the brand.
Guys like Lloyd Greer and John at Witchdoctors and Vic Baggers, and some other great guys all began working to promote a great motorcycle.
I owned 3. There was no aftermarket --- no nothing. We all foolishly "believed" in the brand.
Victory would have failed without us all working on their behalf.....

Then they pulled the plug with no notice.

My local dealer who was in from the getgo and struggled to make it and feed his family, had just invested in a new sign from Victory and upgraded his display.... A couple weeks later, Polaris said "screw you".
He certainly never got any of his money back. Wrecked him and others like him.

It's the same cold blooded company USING people to promote their product.

It all helped me in the end--- I was so angry for a short while, but realized how foolish I was to be invested in someone else's company.

Guys I cared about had their lives turned upside down and Polar-ass didn't care a whit.

I totally get being a fanboy of the brand. I love motorcycles....like....I should get therapy. I love the storied brands. Can't get enough.

All that I wrote is behind my expression about how you oughta be paid --- and not in "good will" or "it's nice to do things for others" -- because while that's true, this same company has a record of taking whatever they can get from the little guy.

FTR London

From the Indian website...

"Unmistakable style inspired by dominance in the dirt. Performance reimagined to dominate the street."

...Er, righto then -

2022-Indian-FTR1200S2.jpg