The running thread for off topic discussions

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
The reason I came to the Triumph site is because he asked me to. We also lost a sale for the Indian FTR 1200 because of nay sayers online in such forums. Either way I am not trying sell you anything. I was trying to work with you perhaps or offer a couple readers a discount under your offer price and get reviews posted to put to bed any negative comments. Either way I am not gonna go back and forth on this forum. I apologize to the readers as its a bit childish.
one, its not a triumph site, two what naysayers? three, "offer a couple readers a discount under your offer price"? thats pretty fishy. And i dont believe there have been any negative comments posted here, other than some factual information one needs to know when switching to 17s on this bike, perhaps you're getting your forums mixed up.

mark.lb

I don’t understand why anyone who purchased a “new” 2019 FTR is interested in plunking down an additional 3-4 K (US dollars) for 17” wheels. I knew exactly what I was getting when I purchased my FTR-RR in May 2019. If I wanted a sport or super naked bike with 17” in wheels, there were hundreds to choose from - for less than what I paid for my FTR. If you are willing to spend big bucks to get 17“ wheels on your FTR you purchased the wrong bike.
That being said - I am glad to see Indian offer a bike with 17” wheels in 2022. It will lower the bike and make it more appealing to rides under 6 feet tall. It will also satisfy those who enjoy a track day where super sharp handling and vastly expanded tire selection are paramount.
For me the FTR is just fine. With a good set of 90/10 tires - It is a fun, powerful, great looking, American made street/sport bike!

Last edited:

Max Kool

Besides, each to his own. I've seen people do things to their FTR that makes my skin crawl (bags, screens, cases, racks). But hey, if they like it I like it for them.

edgelett

When I got my FTR, i thought 'I'll manage the height ok'.
And then I dropped it twice while stationary due to the side stand being too small, and me having trouble getting a foot down properly.
I made some adjustments that helped such as adjusting the suspension for my weight and changing tyres.
but i still struggle parking, if there's a dip in the road I literally can't stop (happened a month ago trying to park outside a cafe with my other half - he parked his Harley no problem, I had to loop around and park on the other side of the road. it means people stare at me like I'm a moron lol.
A little lower to the road will mean I can park easier, I can get out my driveway easier, it will just make ownership a little easier overall.
Am I trading in to get one? No. Absolutely not worth it and I don't like that track mode is gone.
But if I can get the bits I want as aftermarket accessories then I'll be happy/

Davo10R

Just so happens Rickey Gadson has good taste like you folks and he is running RED too. 😜 He had a little trouble mounting them because he never told us the inside dimensions of the Roaring Toyz extended swingarm. And like a dumb @@# I failed to see this issue before it happened. Anyway as you can see it's all good now. It's was a matter of different spacers. Included a picture of a 6inch rear wheel weight. Of course they differ slightly depending on the size or the carrier's/adapters for your rotors.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    188.9 KB · Views: 11
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    408 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG-20210604-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20210604-WA0000.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 11

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
"told us"

So you do work for titax?

And another two weeks and no one has ftr wheels yet.

Davo10R

I believe one of my last post stated the ship date would be around the 10th. I think. I said I wanted to be 100% sure before I carved it in stone. I will put this out there....The guys with 6" FTR wheels will get tracking numbers on the 15th. Please don't kill me if it slides a few days for something unforseen but it will happen very soon. No one month delay or some lame excuse.. I know any day passed for you guys is like another year. I know this deal was struck by one of your members. A nice guy we spoke a couple of times.. This happened before I got involved but I wanted to at least deal in facts moving forward and not set up any false expectations. Without writing a book. Lumir and I are friends and we have a gentlemans agreement. I didn't get to go the Czech Republic for Moto GP because of Covid. My job right now is to be pain in his ass to get this order taken care of. I hope I can make Titax a reliable option moving forward in North America. I know what happened in the past and I know customer service is everything. I love motorcycles and trick parts like you guys. Help or no help I keep this order on the forefront of his mind.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Just the ftr50 code that expires soon. And the 75% off the rsd tracker wheels on the Indian page

Blue1

Very impressive and cool, but no way it is worth 5% of the bike price.

I'd grab it at $299, that kind of coin is insane for a luxury that can only erode your skills.