Tires, Tires, Tires (for the 17 inchers)

brad21

Howdy, searched a little but didn't find anything specifically talking 17" tires. I'm about due to replace the stockers and was wondering what people were mounting up.

TIA!

brad21

Thanks F1.

My wife and I both ride the bike. I'm a bit more aggressive than she is and ride it about twice as much... Kinda looking for a good split between twisty performance and longevity. I've got close to 6.5k on the original Metzelers...

Max Kool

Any modern Sport Touring tire should be perfect for anyone that never rider rides track days.

Bridgestone T32
Conti Road Attack 4 (or 3)
etc

These kind of tires offer more than enough grip for road/canyon use. I dare to say anything over that just wears faster and doesn't offer anything extra. Since I stopped commuting I only have pleasure miles (100% canyons), and even sport touring tires only last 2-3000 miles. Under these circumstances the Metzelers 9RR will probably only last 1000-1500 miles (I know guys that get about 800 miles from a set of hypersport tires...)

Walrus

I'm a Pirelli dude. Love them on street and race them when Dunlop (which I detest) are not required. Angel or Rosso. Very predictable, good feel.

R. Warshawsky

Any modern Sport Touring tire should be perfect for anyone that never rider rides track days.

Bridgestone T32
Conti Road Attack 4 (or 3)
etc

These kind of tires offer more than enough grip for road/canyon use. I dare to say anything over that just wears faster and doesn't offer anything extra. Since I stopped commuting I only have pleasure miles (100% canyons), and even sport touring tires only last 2-3000 miles. Under these circumstances the Metzelers 9RR will probably only last 1000-1500 miles (I know guys that get about 800 miles from a set of hypersport tires...)
Dang, that's crazy...I have about 9k on my Pirelli Scorpion IIs...of course, I don't ride like Max does...lol

MacBayne

Michelin Road6 every time. The rear will have a "flatter" profile than the Metz already mounted, so turning will be a little different, but they are the benchmark for standard/sport touring bikes. You will notice more grip leaned over, too. I wouldn't mount them on a SS or SBK that sees track time, though.