Toce Low Mount Options ‘22 Carbon

Mckid4

I am getting close to pulling the trigger on the Toce low mount for my ‘22 Carbon. I am 99% sure the baffle will be ordered (read that this cuts down on the backfires and still has a great sound), black can, but am torn between the satin finish or polished. I like the polished look but am slightly concerned with upkeep, also think the satin may match the matte silver of the sub frame better? For those of you who have the Toce do you like your finish or do you wish you would have chosen differently?

Mckid4

So do we think the baffle is necessary? For reference I had a Superduke 1290, no cat and an Austin racing muffler. It was loud but sounded great. Now I’m debating on skipping the baffle/decibel killer for the initial order. I guess I could always add it on down the line..

FTR London

So do we think the baffle is necessary? For reference I had a Superduke 1290, no cat and an Austin racing muffler. It was loud but sounded great. Now I’m debating on skipping the baffle/decibel killer for the initial order. I guess I could always add it on down the line..
I ordered mine without the baffle/dB killer assembly and sure, it is ridiculously loud, perhaps louder than I expected from all that I had read - but I've inured to that and it is a glorious tone. Also, the Loydz tune does not eliminate the bangs and crackles on the overrun which I like. In all honesty, the previous S&S also minus baffle and cat, sounded better imo - more of a trad deep V-Twin rumble, but the combination of the Toce low mount system and the Lloydz tune is for me, a no-brainer. The Toce sounds angrier and more racey. In answer to the previous question, my personal preference is like you, the black can, but with the satin headers which I think suits the bike better. I have never really liked the look of polished chrome on a motorcycle.

Mckid4

I ordered mine without the baffle/dB killer assembly and sure, it is ridiculously loud, perhaps louder than I expected from all that I had read - but I've inured to that and it is a glorious tone. Also, the Loydz tune does not eliminate the bangs and crackles on the overrun which I like. In all honesty, the previous S&S also minus baffle and cat, sounded better imo - more of a trad deep V-Twin rumble, but the combination of the Toce low mount system and the Lloydz tune is for me, a no-brainer. The Toce sounds angrier and more racey. In answer to the previous question, my personal preference is like you, the black can, but with the satin headers which I think suits the bike better. I have never really liked the look of polished chrome on a motorcycle.
Thank you for the information and thoughts. I have some thinking to do. Personally I like the polished header look, but also think the satin looks good on the Carbon. The baffle I’m now 50/50, but think I will be leaning toward no baffle.

edgelett

I got the DB killer in mine and am glad I did. it means it's not insanely irritating on long rides and doesn't draw the attention of the local constabulary. also as I'm in Australia, if I changed my mind and wanted the baffle afterwards it would cost me more than the baffle cost just in postage to get it here. easier to get it all shipped at once.

the polished headers aren't chrome but are polished stainless and go a beautiful gold colour after a few hundred km's. example attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220615-231544_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220615-231544_Facebook.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 47

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Satin vs polished.

Db vs no db

Mckid4

Thank you all for the replies. The polished looks great on the black bike, but I think I agree that the satin looks good on the RR and will look good on the Carbon with the red frame. Now I’m back to my original thought- satin headers, black can, baffle which I can remove if I wish. Now, track screen or not? Lots of decisions with this set up.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
I wish mine didn’t have the screens. Rather just use an exhaust plug when storing or washing.

Mckid4

Do we know if the heat shield on the rear header is the same from 2019 to 2022? I would like to add the carbon shield when I get the Toce set up.

Attachments

• 05203845-3336-4B1C-9CDD-2947E4A7B8F6.png
    05203845-3336-4B1C-9CDD-2947E4A7B8F6.png
    2 MB · Views: 6

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member

Walrus

Mine basic black FTR, satin pipes, black exhaust, no baffle, lloyds tune.
Looks good, runs great.

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    124.2 KB · Views: 42

Mckid4

Mine basic black FTR, satin pipes, black exhaust, no baffle, lloyds tune.
Looks good, runs great.
That’s the setup I ordered but with the baffle! Thanks for the reply. Looks good, can’t wait for an update that mine is being built. I was going to ask if anyone knows how to remove the baffle just in case I want to see how it sounds without? Is it possible, or do I have to send the can back in to Toce?

Mckid4

I just checked the Toce website and it appears they have pushed their build time estimates back to 14-20 days. I may be waiting longer than expected…

Attachments

• 10F1DF4E-5212-4569-B12A-FE46A339DF1B.png
    10F1DF4E-5212-4569-B12A-FE46A339DF1B.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 7