Tracker Seat Issue.

donlycan

I've have a problem with my Tracker Seat. I purchased my '19 FTR with the Tracker Options including the Tracker Seat. I only have about 700 miles on this bike and have had it apart more times than I care to think about. The first time I removed the seat I noted that 3 of the six rubber pads that go under the cowl were missing. I replaced them and re-assembled the bike. The next time I removed the seat 2 pads were absent. As an FYI, the closest Indian Dealer is 160 miles away. I fabricated my own rubber pads and made every effort to secure them with a better adhesive. Removed the seat last week and again found the front 2 pads missing. Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so, have you figured out a solution?
Indian Customer Service suggests that this may be a design flaw!

mcl1003

I attached the rubber pads to the cowl instead of sticking them on the bike. I used some command strips. Haven't lost any so far

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
The seat doesn’t touch anything,
I would not be comfortable without them. Plastic on plastic.
The seat isn’t supported by them. The fact they keep coming off shows they don’t serve a purpose, because if they did, They would have weight against them holding them in place.

they are also behind your tank panels, and they usually come off of them also

donlycan

I'm attaching some photos for reference. I'm convinced that the 4 pads at the back will stay in place on the bike (with a good adhesive) because of the flat smooth surfaces. With regard to the problem children (front pads), I'm now thinking that it will be best to mount them, with good adhesive, to the bike rather than the cowl. Any other input is appreciated.

Attachments

• TS1.jpg
    TS1.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 10
  • TS2.jpg
    TS2.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 10
  • TS3.jpg
    TS3.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 10
  • TS4.jpg
    TS4.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 10

donlycan

The seat doesn’t touch anything,

The seat isn’t supported by them. The fact they keep coming off shows they don’t serve a purpose, because if they did, They would have weight against them holding them in place.

they are also behind your tank panels, and they usually come off of them also
I think the issue is that constant weight on all 6 at once is the problem. I agree with you about the pads under the tank panels. The seat cowl is attached at the rear and front. Talking about the cowl (base) here.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
These are the points that support the base. I’ve had my tracker seat off more than I can think, and I have zero marks where those foam blocks should be. It’s never contacted my bike. I tried several methods of attaching them. But there isn’t enough surface area on the seat to hold the glue. I didn’t want to glue them to the bike for when I change seats. So I gave up.

Attachments

• 583E9D0B-8523-4B1D-8617-3A0AD13F7DE4.jpeg
    583E9D0B-8523-4B1D-8617-3A0AD13F7DE4.jpeg
    596.2 KB · Views: 10

donlycan

These are the points that support the base. I’ve had my tracker seat off more than I can think, and I have zero marks where those foam blocks should be. It’s never contacted my bike. I tried several methods of attaching them. But there isn’t enough surface area on the seat to hold the glue. I didn’t want to glue them to the bike for when I change seats. So I gave up.
I certainly see your point of view. I would like to add 1 more comment. My cowl broke at the point where it attaches to the bike over pins at the front. I attribute this to unrestricted movement (no pad).

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
As far as a solution. You could
Fill the voids in the cowl with ftr. Make it flush with the plastic. Once it sets up then you will have much more surface area for the glue to adhere too.