Traveling on the FTR

Notaharley

I know some of you are opposed to hanging luggage off your FTR, BUT, for me any bike I ride is a potential "touring" m/c. I ride one at a time and make whatever I have perform like a Swiss army knife.

Saw a great article this morning. Pour a cup of coffee and read, then throw in your own ideas on tripping on a great hooligan bike.

Screenshot_20220516-081641.png

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/20...ler-vs-indian-ftr-rally-desert-scramble-tour/

Screenshot_20220516-082542.png

I've outfitted mine with some great stuff from the German company SW Motech --- SUPER high quality gear.

IMG_20220406_153214753_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220422_143059533_HDR.jpg

FTR London

Because of the paltry range, touring is hardly ideal - but simply a case of planning your route carefully and stopping every 120 miles or so. I'm not averse to strapping crap on the back and heading out there but as I stated in the other thread, I wouldn't buy a bike like this for that purpose. Doesn't mean you can't though. I'm contemplating the Highlands of Scotland this summer and visiting a friend in Germany. All I need is a piece of plastic, a rucksack with a washbag and a change of clothing (likely underwear given my experience of channel crossings). Personally I wouldn't want hard luggage and related accessories anywhere remotely near this bike but years ago I toured on a VMax which had a similar range to the FTR and was just a thirsty.

26045_109075475776179_6492576_n.jpg

Staedtler

It's one of the busiest shipping lanes in the world and can be quite choppy at times, hence the ability to bring out the best (or worst) in people...
Or you can just go by the Channel Tunnel and void all that.

edgelett

What is it about "channel crossings"?
Road? Bridge? Ferry? Traffic?
the English Channel, also known as just 'the channel'
Separates England from France.
used to only be able to cross via the ocean which meant a ferry, and on that body of water is rather sea sickness inducing.
there's now a tunnel underneath also, cars and bikes get carried down it by train.

Notaharley

the English Channel, also known as just 'the channel'
Separates England from France.
used to only be able to cross via the ocean which meant a ferry, and on that body of water is rather sea sickness inducing.
there's now a tunnel underneath also, cars and bikes get carried down it by train.
Is that what they called the "Chunnel" years ago?
Interesting. I'll have to look that up.

Holy crap. 31 miles 245 feet below sea level. Cost a fortune to go through. That's wild.