Where did you ride your FTR today?

mark.lb

Rode over to the local motorcycle hang out.
I chuckled as, once again, the adventure bikes and cruisers were split by the FTR in the middle.
View attachment 6302

Rode through some mountain towns and stopped to dry off after a downpour--- stumbled into a gaggle of antique Nortons also drying off.

View attachment 6303
View attachment 6304

I have a 1974 Commando 850 sitting in pieces in my son-in-law Matt’s basement. Maybe this coming winter will be the year we restored it and put it all back together. (This past winter I got distracted with the Scout Big Bore build.)

Notaharley

I have a 1974 Commando 850 sitting in pieces in my son-in-law Matt’s basement. Maybe this coming winter will be the year we restored it and put it all back together. (This past winter I got distracted with the Scout Big Bore build.)
You gotta get on it! Lol.
The fellows I met were having a wonderful day of RIDING. No one was worried about performance or HP or braking or suspension.....
All the stuff we get wrapped up in.
No ride modes, haha.

Pure, unadulterated motorcycle riding on great bikes.

Made me want to go get myself one and be done with this new stuff.

Wayne

I love seeing the Nortons. I rode a new '74 850 Commnado back in the day. I keep putting off buying one and restoring it but I will ge to it at some point. I was 17 and that was like a first love that will forever stuck in my mind and heart. In its day the performance and handling was as good as anything.

D

Deleted member 706

Another night shift and a Bassani blast in the tunnel for the commuters. I got caught in the rain for the last few K's, slowly the spitting turned to proper rain and I got semi soaked by the time I got home. This is the first time I have ridden it in the wet. It's quite a well mannered bike too.

edgelett

Got out for a 140km ride today but sadly as it was the first sunny Sunday in ages apparently everyone on the planet also got out to drive, and insisted on doing half the speed limit and not using turnout lanes.
no overtaking opportunities either so was a frustrating ride.

mark.lb

Beautiful day but no riding. (5/22) It was my granddaughter’s first dance recital. I was riding a seat in the high school auditorium all afternoon watched the show!
EAEEF0F7-10A7-4A4D-85F0-003BD090EC7C.jpeg

D

Deleted member 706

I nutted a seagull early one morning going to work it was there next day pancaked on the road.
I had a galah hit me on the leg another time.

Notaharley

Had a bat fly into me and hit me in the neck. I thought it was going up in my helmet and about ran right off the road into the woods.

Still in therapy