Why should I get an FTR over, say a Speed 1200 / BMW S1000r?

Max Kool

My buddy has a 2015, but think about it, there is no reason for a motorcycle to lean to one side more than the other. It should run straight*, period.

Unless there's something wrong with the tires, swingarm bearings, or the frame/forks have taken a hit in an accident. Something like that.

* BMW and Guzzi are a rare breed. They dó run straight, but crankshaft acceleration/deceleration makes the bike lean right or left.

Breto

My buddy has a 2015, but think about it, there is no reason for a motorcycle to lean to one side more than the other. It should run straight*, period.

Unless there's something wrong with the tires, swingarm bearings, or the frame/forks have taken a hit in an accident. Something like that.

* BMW and Guzzi are a rare breed. They dó run straight, but crankshaft acceleration/deceleration makes the bike lean right or left.
My point exactly.

Breto

There is nothing wrong with the bike…it’s maintained perfectly, it’s aligned perfectly, it has never been in an accident it’s purely a torque reaction, crank, flywheel thing very similar to a guzzi…if you roll it on in a right it wants to pull left. If you roll off the throttle it will ease right…it’s just that bike and you can feel it…has absolutely nothing to do with any other reason. It’s a perfect example it just has that torquey quirk…it’s not terrible but it’s noticeable…my mate rides the ass off the thing and I can’t ride it as hard as he does. It’s his bike, but even he wondered after I brought it up. He has noticed it as well but just put it down to that’s how it is…and as I always say, that’s just me…

Max Kool

I fail to understand how a torque reaction can cause this on a bike where the crankshaft and all other shaft are positioned perpendicular to the bike’s centerline.