Anyone considered a Discord? I've got some ideas and it's a great way to grow the forum; and the comunity.

Discord really has taken the Forum idea and pushed it to the new level. You don't have to have many Voice Channels at ALL if you don't' want to; have mainly chat channels, add Vendor areas where they can post new products; make it an easy place where you can literally @mention the entire usebase for new major update or releases.

This Star Wars group I'm in for example, whenever there is a specific product that is contantly out of stock; someone finds it in stock and they can go to the "Newsfeed-and-store-Reports" where folks are allowed to post there; but not chat. Basically here's an example, say everyone and their dog wants https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/oxford-heaterz-premium-cruiser-heated-grips?sku_id=1289425 Premium Heater Grips right? Not saying it is/isn't a good example, got I could have used them tonight that's for sure. But either way; as SOON as someone notices it's available? You can set certain channels that as SOON as any post is made; it automatically sends a notification to every member. It's a ratty good idea for getting OUR people the parts we want first. Rather than hoping you get lucky.

THat's just one of MANY different cool uses for Discord. https://discord.gg/raTQHVMe Here's a link to the Discord; right now I've setup NO channels lol. So if Moderators want to message me if you have Discord expereince let me know that'll make it even easier to setup the way we want. If you're a moderator HERE but not used to Discord? That's fine; just le me know I'll still make you a mod just want to know who know how to do what incase we have to ask someone to do something qujickly and only certain folks are onlin!

Charliemurphay

Not a terrible idea. Also there is another FTR forum apart from this one. It is on the main Indian motorcycles forum site. A lot of people on here are on there but you also occasionally get other Indian guys chiming in and it’s an all around seemingly larger user base. Might be worth checking in over there.

Ohh okay; yeah that's prolly the better idea to be honest. FTR's are not near as popular as I"m seeing Scouts that's for sure. And now the new Chiefs are coming onto the scene? Man it's going to be an exciting next 2-3 years for Indian I bet.