First ride

storm42

The weather is a bit sketchy round here just now but the call of the new bike is strong so I had to run a tank of fuel through it. I have done just over 80 miles on it and already I know I am going to like this bike a lot.

The Derbyshire dales are a good place to run a bike in, up hill and down dale with plenty of places to stop and let the bike cool down. I had a play with the ride modes and despite the dodgy road grip in places, I found sport mode felt the most connected so that what i used. I had it spinning up on a tree lined road leaving a cafe but as I didn't seem to struggle anywhere else I will put that down to tree sap and not the tires, for now. Does the traction control work in sport mode?

I like it better than the BMW R1200RS that I traded which is saying a lot because that is a good bike.

I suffer from my right hand going to sleep when I ride any bike these days, it is like pins and needles in my fingers, it didn't happen on the FTR, brilliant. I don't like the number plate holder, looks awful, and I am not convinced having the indicators that low down is safe, its got to go, and it needs to make more noise, I feel the mods calling.

Just need some sun now to dry the roads out and I can get more rides on it.