Flashing new tune, getting error on PV3

Haileyscomet3

Hey All,
I downloaded a new tune from one of our members (he is also trying to troubleshoot for me with his tuner) but I thought I would ask on here also. The tube downloaded just fine onto my PV3 and even shows that it’s ready to flash from my PV3 to my bike, but once I try to start the flash, I get the error, “No compatible STK file found”. He suggested I delete other tunes on the PV3, so I re-downloaded his tune only after I deleted the original and tried again, still getting the same error. Is anyone else having this problem?86FBBD1D-A0C4-4C63-9077-C26F3A4E4E54.jpeg

Max Kool

Hey All,
I downloaded a new tune from one of our members (he is also trying to troubleshoot for me with his tuner) but I thought I would ask on here also. The tube downloaded just fine onto my PV3 and even shows that it’s ready to flash from my PV3 to my bike, but once I try to start the flash, I get the error, “No compatible STK file found”. He suggested I delete other tunes on the PV3, so I re-downloaded his tune only after I deleted the original and tried again, still getting the same error. Is anyone else having this problem?View attachment 6710
Hello miss Hailey. that tune you downloaded could actually be locked to that member’s bike and/or pv3. Or your pv3 doesn’t have the most recent firmware. Or both. :-/

edgelett

when you say you 'downloaded a tune from one of our members' - Is that member a person who tunes FTRs or someone who had a tune for their bike?
My understanding is ALL tunes are locked to the VIN of the bike for the person who purchased the tune - it's a licensing thing.
Otherwise 1 person would have bought a tune back in 2019 and we'd all be tuning our bikes for free lmao.
If you just got a member to send you the tuning file for THEIR bike then no, it won't work on yours. You need to purchase a tuning licence for your bike.
If you purchased a tune from someone who sells tunes for the FTR - then get in touch with them.