FTR 1200 exhaust Catalyst.

twintech

Hi all,

Has anyone on this forum tried the Italian made hpcorse, stainless steel decat link pipe? Its the 'S' shaped one in lobster back, with 25 individual tig welds, it's also utilising some of the original space of the Catalyst? It sure looks the business...

Last edited:

FTRUK

Hi all,

Has anyone on this forum tried the Italian made hpcorse, stainless steel decat link pipe? Its the 'S' shaped one in lobster back, with 25 individual tig welds, it's also utilising some of the original space of the Catalyst? It sure looks the business...
I emailed the seller on eBay about dimensions of the silencer end of the link, not helpful at all.So didn’t inquire any further,they just want you to buy their silencers as well.I was trying to see if my S&S slip on would fit.
ive heard that because it’s a longer pipe it will help with the tune.Thats what I was interested in,but yes it looks great too.

twintech

I emailed the seller on eBay about dimensions of the silencer end of the link, not helpful at all.So didn’t inquire any further,they just want you to buy their silencers as well.I was trying to see if my S&S slip on would fit.
ive heard that because it’s a longer pipe it will help with the tune.Thats what I was interested in,but yes it looks great too.
The Dual hpcorse hydroform silencer satin shorts euro for Indian FTR 1200 does fit on the standard Catalyst, I have seen photos of that on their website. So, the outlet diameter of that lobster back decat link pipe would be the same as the original Catalyst i.e. 51mm.

D

Deleted member 677

I would buy a proper Toce link pipe and be done with it. Its one of those things where you get what you pay for. And Toce will be a proper fit and quality stainless.

twintech

I would buy a proper Toce link pipe and be done with it. Its one of those things where you get what you pay for. And Toce will be a proper fit and quality stainless.
The hpcorse decat link pipe is a 'proper' and a very professional and well designed unit, that was not born by chance! Not only is it a complete work of art, with it's hand build and fabrication together with 25 Tig - welded lobster back joints! The given length of this decat link pipe, is also very important, and certainly helps with the fuel mapping!

D

Deleted member 677

The hpcorse decat link pipe is a 'proper' and a very professional and well designed unit, that was not born by chance! Not only is it a complete work of art, with it's hand build and fabrication together with 25 Tig - welded lobster back joints! The given length of this decat link pipe, is also very important, and certainly helps with the fuel mapping!
So, will the shape of it eliminate any need for retuning?

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
no, the shape simply extends the collector, it doesnt give you the back pressure lost once the cat is removed.

And the dyno sheet they have online is too bury to make out much

D

Deleted member 677

OK cool thanks! I was hoping there was an answer to putting exhaust on my bike without a catalytic converter. Any word on the ECU for the RR 2020 tune yet?

D

Deleted member 677

Do you have a link to it for sale??

Max Kool

no, the shape simply extends the collector, it doesnt give you the back pressure lost once the cat is removed.
Could be more to it. An exhaust is like a trombone, and length does make a difference apparenty. The back pressure doesn't come from the cat element itself, it's from the resonator shape that "folds" the stream of exhaust gasses.

Not so sure if this design is only for show...

D

Deleted member 677

I think there's more to it than just for show. I know Yamaha makes an aftermarket exhaust for there R6 Supersport bike that does the same thing. Also the exhaust for their WR 450F motocross bike does too