FTR 1200 Standard Model Traction Control

riderjorg

I'm planning to buy an FTR 1200 spring 2021 or as soon as I find a good deal. After reading trough the forums and every test I could find online, I'm a bit unsure if the standard model features traction control or not. Some testers wrote it has the standard mode of the S model set up. So I decided to ask you, the owners. Has the standard model a non-selectable traction control? Are wheelies possible with the standard model? Thanks in advance for your help!

Max Kool

Just abs, no traction control, or wheelie control.

And the throttle map is the same as the standard mode on the S model.

riderjorg

Thank you for your fast replies. I will now go for the standard model. I was a bit insecure because of articles like the one attached and some questions and statements in other places (youtube etc.), that the standard model cannot do wheelies because of the non-adjustable traction control etc.

1603978802427.png

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
The standard model doesn’t have traction control. Only abs. Which doesn’t affect wheelies.

K9F

With the deals to be had and the fact you get so much more with an 'S' I find it unfathomable that anybody could be still drawn to a base model unless of course funding limits you to a massively discounted base model perhaps?

If it's wheelies that's driving your decision as it has been mentioned so many times maybe you need to think a little deeper? With the adjustable suspension of the 'S' I would have thought wheelies would be easily achieved on the 'S' model too, maybe with even a little less effort than the base model, but what do I know? Good luck anyway!

riderjorg

With the deals to be had and the fact you get so much more with an 'S' I find it unfathomable that anybody could be still drawn to a base model unless of course funding limits you to a massively discounted base model perhaps?

If it's wheelies that's driving your decision as it has been mentioned so many times maybe you need to think a little deeper? With the adjustable suspension of the 'S' I would have thought wheelies would be easily achieved on the 'S' model too, maybe with even a little less effort than the base model, but what do I know? Good luck anyway!
Here in Switzerland I didn't see the same deals and price drops on the FTRs, yet. It's still about 17'990.-, with the standard model at around 13'990.-. The ability to wheelie isn't a decisive factor, but a non-adjustable traction control would have been. If I come across a good deal for the S model, it's indeed a no-brainer to go for the S, but I don't really need traction control or adjustable forks. And 4k is 4k. That's a lot of gear, customizing etc.

K9F

Blimey in your money over here you can get a pimped up unregistered 2019 base model with 1,776 Swiss Francs of extras thrown in for 12,905 Swiss Francs.

Or a new 2019 1200 S for 15,390 Swiss Francs.

Hell you could get a top of the range 2020 Carbon S for 17,367 Swiss Francs.

And there I thought we paid slightly over the odds in the UK. I've been looking at a Corbin Gunfighter seat..... In America in my money £431 over here an eye-watering £740. Anyone coming over from T'other Side of the Pond and fancy doing me a favor?

🤣😇😎

Last edited:

edgelett

when I was at my dealer the other day picking up my new bars, I saw the S model here in Aus is still $23,999 and the RR is still $26,999.
you guys in the US are lucky

D

Deleted member 706

when I was at my dealer the other day picking up my new bars, I saw the S model here in Aus is still $23,999 and the RR is still $26,999.
you guys in the US are lucky
Originally I wanted an S or an RR but with the delays and price rises I ended up getting a standard model demo bike, $AUD 10,000 less than new RR. That's a lot of money for a few bells and whistles.

cupcake_mike

I chose the standard because I'm not a fan of the touchscreen, more precisely I like analog much more, and have no issues with the front suspension (rear needs some attention for me, but is easily changeable), as well as prefer the all black.

Wheelies and burnouts are no problem, whatsoever. In-fact the only problem is that sometimes, its hard not doing them :)

riderjorg

I chose the standard because I'm not a fan of the touchscreen, more precisely I like analog much more, and have no issues with the front suspension (rear needs some attention for me, but is easily changeable), as well as prefer the all black.

Wheelies and burnouts are no problem, whatsoever. In-fact the only problem is that sometimes, its hard not doing them

Wheelies and burnouts are no problem, whatsoever. In-fact the only problem is that sometimes, its hard not doing them :)
Haha sounds like alot of hooligan fun.

For me, the analog fits the look of the bike much better than the tft display.

D

Deleted member 677

Just abs, no traction control, or wheelie control.

And the throttle map is the same as the standard mode on the S model.
You can add the S&S Engine Control module though, and have all of the rider modes.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
No, "rider modes" chance the TC settings as well as the throttle maps.

With the base its only throttle sensitivity.

Also sent you a PM with good news!