Fuelmoto canned tune with PV4

smalj90

I have a 2022 FTR Rally and for the sake of not spending an arm and a leg im probably just going to get the S&S Slipon - I was still considering getting a tune, specifically thinking about getting a powervision 4 with a canned tune to just because the bike already runs like crap from the factory - Has anybody done the pv4 and a canned tune from fuelmoto? Have you noticed a significant difference in the way the bike rides?

Azamatka

I flashed my '22 R Carbon with Fuel Moto tune for Power Vision 4 a couple of weeks ago. Although occasional hiccups and surging still happen, my experience overall changed to a much more enjoyable one. I love everything about my bike now. Highly recommended, although the price is crazy high, I paid 418 or so dollars for my PB4.

smalj90

I flashed my '22 R Carbon with Fuel Moto tune for Power Vision 4 a couple of weeks ago. Although occasional hiccups and surging still happen, my experience overall changed to a much more enjoyable one. I love everything about my bike now. Highly recommended, although the price is crazy high, I paid 418 or so dollars for my PB4.
Thank you so much - yeah tuners are so expensive nowadays. Do you still have the stock exhaust?

Azamatka

Thank you so much - yeah tuners are so expensive nowadays. Do you still have the stock exhaust?
I debaffled my Alrapovič but intend to install the baffles back if I choose to ride long distances.

Everything else is stock.

Lucas from Fuel Moto informed me that for the tune it doesn't matter whether you ride with or without baffles installed.

FelipeGtzB

I have the same bike, and just got today my PV4. After the form request, how long it took for the map to be sent back?

Also, how about the torque "hole" at around 4.5k rpm? Is it smoother now?

Azamatka

I have the same bike, and just got today my PV4. After the form request, how long it took for the map to be sent back?

Also, how about the torque "hole" at around 4.5k rpm? Is it smoother now?
Lucas from Fuelmoto shared the tune with me the very same day, within a couple of hours.

The tune he shared had July 2022 date and it seems to be some Fuelmoto initial tune to base their fine tune on.

I flashed the tune and although I could feel the difference, I contacted Lucas to tell him that the occasional surging was still there. Lucas asked me to record some 10-20 minutes of my general riding via the PV4 and send him the file which the PV4 would generate.

After I submitted the general riding recording, Lucas shared the very same day a new tune which had the same date stamp as when he sent it to me.

I could totally tell and see it was a very different tune as with the initial tune I would always see the engine check light. With the new tune the surging was gone, the check engine light was gone and the bike accelerated way more swiftly.

The new tune turned my bike into a much more enjoyable ride indeed.

The bike is fully stock except for removed baffles. Lucas told me that it didn't matter for the tune whether the bike had baffles removed or installed.

Can't comment on the torque hole as I mostly ride around 2500-3500 RPM, where all the surging occurs with stock map. I rode at higher RPMs but this is my very first bike and I'm a complete novice so I can't comment on any holes or smoothness or lack of it - just not experienced enough and can't really compare to anything else.

Ah, forgot to add, I rode at 7500-8000 RPMs once. Once. Oh my... I have no idea how all those people ride their CBR1000RRs, Hayabusas, Ducatis and Ninjas. I'm glad my face was covered with my AGV Tourmodular helmet after I stopped to take a break after that ride as I couldn't imagine the FTR to be such a stupidly powerful bike at 110hp at the wheel.

Last edited:

FelipeGtzB

Lucas from Fuelmoto shared the tune with me the very same day, within a couple of hours.

The tune he shared had July 2022 date and it seems to be some Fuelmoto initial tune to base their fine tune on.

I flashed the tune and although I could feel the difference, I contacted Lucas to tell him that the occasional surging was still there. Lucas asked me to record some 10-20 minutes of my general riding via the PV4 and send him the file which the PV4 would generate.

After I submitted the general riding recording, Lucas shared the very same day a new tune which had the same date stamp as when he sent it to me.

I could totally tell and see it was a very different tune as with the initial tune I would always see the engine check light. With the new tune the surging was gone, the check engine light was gone and the bike accelerated way more swiftly.

The new tune turned my bike into a much more enjoyable ride indeed.

The bike is fully stock except for removed baffles. Lucas told me that it didn't matter for the tune whether the bike had baffles removed or installed.

Can't comment on the torque hole as I mostly ride around 2500-3500 RPM, where all the surging occurs with stock map. I rode at higher RPMs but this is my very first bike and I'm a complete novice so I can't comment on any holes or smoothness or lack of it - just not experienced enough and can't really compare to anything else.

Ah, forgot to add, I rode at 7500-8000 RPMs once. Once. Oh my... I have no idea how all those people ride their CBR1000RRs, Hayabusas, Ducatis and Ninjas. I'm glad my face was covered with my AGV Tourmodular helmet after I stopped to take a break after that ride as I couldn't imagine the FTR to be such a stupidly powerful bike at 110hp at the wheel.
Oh man, if you live now under the 4k mark.. there's an addiction waiting for you over 6k. Take your time and get comfortable, but once you allow yourself the taste the top of the rpm.. you'll never go back.

BTW, has your communication been through the "request form"? Or were you emailing,calling, or reaching out to FM any other way.. hopefully I get my map tomorrow and can test for myself. The surging at the bottom end annoys me, but the torque hole in the middle drives me crazy.

Azamatka

Oh man, if you live now under the 4k mark.. there's an addiction waiting for you over 6k. Take your time and get comfortable, but once you allow yourself the taste the top of the rpm.. you'll never go back.

BTW, has your communication been through the "request form"? Or were you emailing,calling, or reaching out to FM any other way.. hopefully I get my map tomorrow and can test for myself. The surging at the bottom end annoys me, but the torque hole in the middle drives me crazy.
Here's how it went with me and Fuelmoto:

1. I bought the PV4 and had it delivered to me within several days.
2. I registered online with the company which makes the PV4.
3. I connected the PV4 to my bike, switched the bike on, connected to the PV4 via Bluetooth and observed how PV4 updated itself.
4. Upon that I downloaded the stock tune using the PV4 to the app on my phone and from the app on my phone the tune got uploaded to the server of whatever the name of the company which makes the PV4 is.
5. I went online and downloaded a special app from the website of that company. Then logged into that app and downloaded the stock map to my laptop. It happened so that I didn't really need to do that.
6. I used the form on Fuelmoto website to send them all the info needed about my bike.
7. The very same day, within 3 to 4 hours I received a message from Lucas in which he wrote that the tune for my bike had been shared and I would be able to find it via the PV4 app on my phone. Lucas adder that in case of any questions, he would be happy to reply to my emails directly. He was extremely helpful in pointing me at what to do with the PV4 and the app.
8. I connected the PV4 to my bike, found the shared tune and let the PV4 upload it. Then I switched off my bike and started it again.
9. After riding for a couple of days I reported to Lucas about occasional surging and oxygen-related check engine error that I observed while riding.
10. Lucas replied to me within a couple of hours and asked me to record a 10-20 minute ride with a special option in the PV4.
11. I connected the PV4 and rode for about 20 minutes here and there. The PV4 recorded my ride and shared it online to my email.
12. I sent the shared 6 megabyte file to Lucas and Lucas was really kind to reply to me within a couple of hours again with a message containing a new shared tune, based on the findings from the recorded ride.
13. I flashed the new shared tune on my bike and wow wow wow. I'm a very cautious driver and rider generally but the new tune literally pushed me into the previously achtung verboten territory of 5000+ RPMs. As I described above I even went as far as 7500-8000 once. I still can't imagine the FTR to be THAT fast.

The last version of my tune is dated 19 Jan 2024. I never had a single surging since then. I totally love my bike. I still try to ride within the well-mannered RPMs but deeply inside I know how mean and fast our FTR can be.