Humpty Dumpty......

itsnotajeep

So I thought I was making good progress today. Got oil changes done on 4 of my bikes. Reorganized the moto side of my shop. Made the mountain bikes mesh nicely with the motos. Then made a clumsy mistake.......

I knocked over my "22 FTR Champ Ed. I love the bike and am super bummed that I F'd it up with only 700mi on it. It's not the worst but I broke the right side airbox cover just enough to start the paint flaking and make sharp ridges in the clear coat. I suppose something had to happen some time but this is the one of 5 bikes I own that I had hoped would never hit the ground. I'm happy/lucky that that's all that was damaged but still mad at myself.

My first question would be, does anyone have a right side carbon Champ Ed. cover that they want to sell?

Assuming not, then does anyone have any suggestions that would cover the whole side of the 'tank'? If I had been proactive and clear-bra wrapped them I think the wrap would have actually saved me from any damage but as with most hindsight....that thought does little to help now. I was thinking about a gloss wrap which would mask some of it but am hoping someone else has dome something similarly dumb and recovered from it.

If anyone has any ideas that'd be great and I'd really appreciate it. After removing paint transfer and cleaning it up it doesn't look terrible but of course I see it glaringly! :( I, of course, don't want to go the normal paint/body/insurance route in hopes of finding a cover someone doesn't need would be ideal!

Thanks in advance,

itsnotajeep-

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 7.25.26 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 7.25.26 PM.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 41

Roddy

No idea sorry. Just wanted to say that garage setup is great. And a whole corner dedicated to a tyre machine!

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
You can buy them from Indian. They are $500 a side

Attachments

• IMG_5143.png
    IMG_5143.png
    721.5 KB · Views: 12