Leaving Tuesday morning 10/6 from KC area

cupcake_mike

Gonna make a little early autumn run down to Texarkana to enjoy prime rib night at Cattlemen's.

Plan is to leave once the sun comes up and straighten some curves on the way to Locust Grove, OK for lunch with a buddy who runs a bike shop there and catch up on his latest builds. After that, I'll ride the hills and curves through Arkansas to Texarkana for the night and have one of the best steak dinners to ever grace a Texas sized platter.

I'll get up Wednesday morning and take the eastern loop through Arkansas with lunch in Eureka Springs and then on to Springfield, MO where I'll stop for dinner at a fun little diner that's always a can't miss. Then I'll turn and burn back to my place SW of KC, hopefully before the family hits the rack.

Should be a very fun and technical (after i get out of kansas) 1200ish miles over those 2 days.

If anyone else is lucky enough to have a couple days off in the middle of the week and wants to get rid of some chicken strips along with me, let me know and I'll forward the route.

mark.lb

Sounds like a great ride. Have fun and be safe. (Must be tough having to put up with all that KC BBQ and Texas 🥩 steak!)

cupcake_mike

It was an awesome 2 days by myself. 1300 miles. The map was my planned route, although i spent several hours zig-zagging through the mountains. Bugs were bad. Ran into a few instances of unannounced road construction. My legs feel like i ran a marathon.

What a steak!

Attachments

• 20201007_224049.jpg
    20201007_224049.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20201006_205401_224.jpg
    IMG_20201006_205401_224.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 14
  • 20201005_213814.jpg
    20201005_213814.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 14

K9F

Whilst beef products from the USA are banned in Europe I would chow down on that fine looking steak in a jiffy, synthetic hormones or not. You also have enough meat on your bike with the bug splatter to feed a small third world country I reckon?

😇😎

cupcake_mike

Whilst beef products from the USA are banned in Europe I would chow down on that fine looking steak in a jiffy, synthetic hormones or not. You also have enough meat on your bike with the bug splatter to feed a small third world country I reckon?

😇😎

Definetly, between my bike, helmet, and jacket there are some dead bugs to be had.

K9F

Fortunately we don't have the bugs some of you over there experience. I had to Google what a Love Bug was but the mess I've seen from photos of motorcycles that have hit a swarm of those are amazing. Now I suffer from mild OCD and it would be a true living nightmare for me getting my bike back to former glory after hitting a swarm of them.