Newbie Questions

Jeffro232

Just brought home a low mileage ‘19 FTR. Few questions for you guys...

1. I want to switch to bar end mirrors... had lane splitters on a previous bike and didn’t love them. Better reco? Experience with the Amazon cheap ones? What size are the pro taper ID’s?

2. opinions on the best fender eliminator/plate relocator kit?

3. ride height... I’m 6’ and still on my toes. Not much left to take out preload. Seat options? Or?

thanks!!

Max Kool

3. ride height... I’m 6’ and still on my toes. Not much left to take out preload. Seat options? Or?
If you can tiptoe, you should be good right?

(taking out preload to flatfoot may take the suspension out its preferred setting for your weight, of course, depending on your weight)

Last edited:

bbuettner

1. I am running the stock mirrors, so no help here. There are many others who can chime in on mirrors

2. I'm 6'0" and I'm flat footed on stock 2019 RR. But there are seat options from Corbin and Saddleman and they will make custom to your spec.

3. I used a Corbin fender eliminator and am quite happy with the result. There are also options from Toce, New Rage Cycles, and many others.

4. How is your cold start and idle? May want to look at a tune from Fuel Moto or Lloydz Garage, particularly if you are going to mod the exhaust.

Congrats on the new ride!

Jeffro232

thanks!

anyone have experience with the aeromach? It’s half the price of the Corbin and looks almost identical in pics....

yes, cold weather idle sucks. What do I do??

edgelett

thanks!

anyone have experience with the aeromach? It’s half the price of the Corbin and looks almost identical in pics....

yes, cold weather idle sucks. What do I do??
the only way to fix the cold idle is through an aftermarket tune sadly.
Have a bit of a search on here, Lloyds Garage (who I use), Fuel Moto and Thomas Kopp are the 3 options peopel use.

Max Kool

Keep an eye on your rear shock preload. I've seen the rear tire eating up the license plate light on full load... you preload seems to be set for a 160lbs rider.

Erok77

Keep an eye on your rear shock preload. I've seen the rear tire eating up the license plate light on full load... you preload seems to be set for a 160lbs rider.
Ummm, and just how could you determine that from a somewhat fuzzy picture? Bike is setup for my 200+ pounds and is just fine.

o sup

That tail tidy looks great - I was debating this one vs the rage cycles. I've heard that one has some fitment issues and I like how this one has the plate more visible. I don't mind if I have to shave the plate a bit which I've heard is common.
Is that the factory Indian tank bag? How do you like it?

Erok77

My plate fit just fine, its snug though. Yes, Indian Tank bag. It's nice, albeit a little small.

American

From the picture he posted you guys were able to say the suspension looked to be adjusted incorrectly. Wow

I’m thinking I’m never posting any type of pictures as there are some sharp eyes on here!