RideCommand

arobert3

I am on day 3 of FTR ownership so still on a steep but happy learning curve. My bike is a 2023 FTR Carbon R with RideConnect. I have managed to connect my phone no problem but normally I put my helmet on turn the music on (Cardo Freecom 1) and head to the garage. With my new bike I do the same but the moment the bike boots up its computer and connect to my phone the speakers turn off in my helmet - although I can see the screen telling me that music is playing. If I take my phone out of my pocket and disconnect the Freecomwith the bike running and reconnect it everything is fine until I stop for gas (which is about every mile!) and then I have to repeat. Is this something I am doing wrong or just a quirk of the bike?

Charliemurphay

I'm not sure about the new RideCommand system but with my '19 I have my bike autoconnect to my phone first and then the headset to my phone. Most of the time its fine, but sometimes I do have to change the bluetooth audio source back to my headset even though I can still change music on my bike screen. I would chalk it up to being which device connects LAST is what the phone will choose as the audio device in my experience.

arobert3

Well the good news then is that I am not crazy, the bad news is that in 3 years they haven't fixed it. But, maybe that's normal. My last bike (Speed Triple) didn't connect to my phone at all.

Charliemurphay

I personally blame the bluetooth/phone more than I'd blame the Ride Command. All other Ride Command functions work fine for me otherwise.

arobert3

Update - I have been riding most of the day and have clocked up 300 of my 500 mile break-in miles ready for my first service that I booked the day I got it. I am now convinced that Ride Command is not the culprit. It is clearly that the phone does not like to be connecited to the Cardo before the bike. If I start the bike and let it connect and then connect the Cardo everything is fine. However, the GPS thing remains a mystery if anyone has any tips - to recap. If I find an address through the app on my phone it does not transfer to the bike like my Royal Enfield or my Beeline does. If I put in the address from the bike no problem. The phone is an iPhone 13 about 6 months old.

MacBayne

I am not helping here, but I would just like to say that anything bluetooth connected to the cluster is shit. Indian needs new software developers.

arobert3

I am getting the hang of it and I can work around it. If I connect the headset before I start the bike the bike disconnects the speakers. If I connect the bike first and then the headset all is good. I just have to change my routine and put my helmet on after I start the bike. I still forget when I stop for gas though and have make a pit stop.

Nute

I have a 22 and the bluetooth is a bit hinky too. I haven't got to the bottom of how to connect it and get the music working yet, but admittedly ive only spent 10 mins on it. Ill try connecting the bike/ phone first then the Cardo.

edgelett

Honestly I've found the best way to do it is avoid the ride command entirely and just connect the music the headset

Reactions: chs

Staedtler

I find it best to connect my phone to ride command first, then switch on my headset. You also have to make sure you are have switched input between usb and bluetooth on ride command to control it