SO. I had a thought, it could hurt my wallet...

D

Deleted member 706

I was up in the hills having a phat time bouncing through the twisties and I started to wonder about trading up my base model. It'd have to be 2019 specs 19"/18" wheels combo because all the bits would need to be swapped over. Besides that the 17' wheeler is not the original FTR.
I'd be interested to hear any comments about keeping the base model or trading up, I do happen to there's an S model at the local dealers...

K9F

I love spending other people's money.

As there's an 'S' model exactly what you're after at your local dealership I personally think you should stop what you're doing, head straight there and bag yourself a bargain. Two birds one stone, then you could then do your own "I traded from a Base to an S model and here are my findings" thread!

😎😇

PS. The 2019 S model may not hang around for long and if somebody else gets in quicker you'll be gutted!

edgelett

I was up in the hills having a phat time bouncing through the twisties and I started to wonder about trading up my base model. It'd have to be 2019 specs 19"/18" wheels combo because all the bits would need to be swapped over. Besides that the 17' wheeler is not the original FTR.
I'd be interested to hear any comments about keeping the base model or trading up, I do happen to there's an S model at the local dealers...
as Mike said, you can buy the Ohlins suspension right now of the Indian Aus website - comes to $4750 AU. yes it's a lot of money but might be cheaper than trading in your current base for an S?

but then again, at least in Adelaide I saw a brand new S in the same colours as mine for sale for $19,990 AU and I paid $22,990 AU for mine.
so you could get a bargain on a brand new bike.

D

Deleted member 706

I have a Hyperpro lowering kit on the shelf, it appears that there's just the one lowering kit for the whole FTR range. Has anyone else found anything to cintradict that?
I'll have to talk to the shop, and see if they are agreeable to fitting the low mount Bassani decat pipe and a Fuel Moto PV3.
There are quite a few variables to consider about this.

K9F

Is the 'S' model at your dealership discounted and if so by how much?

At full pricing the difference between the Base Model and the 'S' was £1100 in my money but for that you got so much more! Factor that too into the equation together with any discount price available (like the $3000 Edgelett posted) and the trading in price they offer for your base may sway the deal perhaps and make your decision a little easier?

D

Deleted member 706

Yes it is discounted, not sure how much, my base model was discounted too but I won't admit that in the haggling process as it came from a different shop.
I like the sound of "so much more" that's what will push me through the deal.

Reactions: K9F

K9F

We're nearly there FuknKIWI, :cool:(y)

Get to the dealership and 'hard-bargain' yourself a deal. The decision could be made for you if the deal tastes sweet enough? Good luck!

D

Deleted member 706

Yeah I see it as being up to the great motorcycle fairy which way it will go.
The crunch will be the Bassani decat with a PV3 Fuel Moto tune.
I can't lose 😝😜

• Love
Reactions: K9F