Stalling

arobert3

Sorry, another teething question. Today I did my first ride of any length - around 100 Miles. A few times sitting at lights getting used to it cutting to one cylinder it would just stall. Idling away happily, no stuttering or coughing - it just turns off like you have done it on purpose. The bike only has just over 100 miles on it total so far - is this something that needs looking at or just a new bike finding its feet?

arobert3

Sorry if I wasn't clear. It happily idles on one cylinder as it is supposed to (takes a bit of getting used to) but then for no apparent reason it just stops. It isn't even like a stall, it's more like it would be if I turned it off. But, fires right back up and on my way. Not sure if it is a teething problem or an issue that people have experienced.

Max Kool

Report it to your dealer, or turn off the cylinder deactivation altogether.

I know many people disabled it.

edgelett

my hubby has a 2022 and he loves the rear cylinder deactivation (he's also strange).
he has had it stall a couple of tmes when he goes to take off, but he says that's his own fault for not giving it a little more revs.
says it's never just 'stopped'.
it could be the fact it's brand new and sorting itself out but I'd let your dealer know.

arobert3

my hubby has a 2022 and he loves the rear cylinder deactivation (he's also strange).
he has had it stall a couple of tmes when he goes to take off, but he says that's his own fault for not giving it a little more revs.
says it's never just 'stopped'.
it could be the fact it's brand new and sorting itself out but I'd let your dealer know.
You may be right in that it was a teething problem. I rode it all day today and it didn’t stall once.

Aleko

Report it to your dealer, or turn off the cylinder deactivation altogether.

I know many people disabled it.
I wouldn't bother with the cylinder deactivation. Enjoy the bike for what it was intended for. Full throttle, and 14.5lt per 100ks

MacBayne

When one cylinder deactivates, my bike stalls, too. It is a common issue... the salesman mentioned it the day I bought it. 3500 miles... same story.